If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Summon Spirit is incredibly useful (potentially able to match Lazuli's spellcasting abilities, depending on what I want to play), Lifegiver is a cheaper Resurrection (useful as all fuck), Evil eye gives up to a -4 penalty to saves and AC, and Slumber which just makes singular encounters a joke.

New question, now that I'm going to actually stat out this character: can we decrease ability scores to get more points?

Reducing a stat to 9 gives you 1 point, to 8 gives you 2 points, and to 7 gives you 4 points.

• (you can turn people into food! hooray!)

Oh god, this is the best thing ever, I will finally...

you have to kill them first.

Awwww... it's still kinda' cool.

• edited 2012-11-02 20:54:42
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I would prefer to not be thoroughly outclassed in the casting department, only because I am the only person playing a dedicated spellcaster, afaik.

Also if anyone is still undecided as far as classes go, I recommend either an Oracle or a Summoner. They're both cool but difficult for a n00b like myself to play. 

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Child-Scent (Ex): The witch gains the scent ability, but only with respect to humanoid children and immature animals. Thus, she could sniff out a child’s hiding place or a den of wolf pups, but not the child’s parents or the den mother. Source: Ultimate Magic

With the help of the Witch class and the proper Hex selections, you too can play a supernatural pedophile in your next Pathfinder game! 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I should probably get to work on my character.

Can I get a rundown of what everyone's playing?

• edited 2012-11-02 20:59:40
    Has friends besides tanks now

Reducing a stat to 9 gives you 1 point, to 8 gives you 2 points, and to 7 gives you 4 points.

I know, but I meant would you allow it? Because, well, I can't resist opportunities to min-max my ability scores. >_>

Summon Spirit is incredibly useful (potentially able to match Lazuli's spellcasting abilities, depending on what I want to play), Lifegiver is a cheaper Resurrection (useful as all fuck), Evil eye gives up to a -4 penalty to saves and AC, and Slumber which just makes singular encounters a joke.

Hmm. Fair enough. But how would Evil Eye become a -4 debuff, out of curiosity?

Vanilla Dervish Dance Magus it is, then!

^

Nova: Paladin
    Me: Magus
    Lazuli: Sorcerer
    Noimporta: Dunno. Last I checked, he said maybe a Monk, given the generous point buy.
    vandro: ? 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I do believe hags eat children.

I know, but I meant would you allow it? Because that could be kinda . . . something I would totally do. >_>

If you wish to cripple yourself like that, sure!

Hmm. Fair enough. But how would Evil Eye become a -4 debuff, out of curiosity?

The penalty from Evil Eye increases to -4 at Level 8.

• edited 2012-11-02 21:01:28

Can I get a rundown of what everyone's playing?

I am playing a Sorcerer who enjoys shooting lightning out of her hands. A primitive version of my character sheet is available a few pages back, but it's not final.

I do believe hags eat children.

Yes, but it gets a lot weirder when non-hag or Changeling (not to be confused with Eberron Changelings) witches choose to take said Hex.

You Sure Do Seem To Be Sarcastic 

• edited 2012-11-02 21:02:22

^^ Derp, missed that.

Well, I guess Caster Supremacy is still a thing, then. :V

Not to worry! I'll be careful.

With the help of the Witch class and the proper Hex selections, you too can play a supernatural pedophile in your next Pathfinder game! 

Is it bad that I really want to make this character now, for shits and giggles?

vandro: ? 

Dragoon.

You Sure Do Seem To Be Sarcastic 

That's not sarcasm, that's the equivalent of me poking him and making a :P face.

You Sure Do Seem To Be Poking Him And Making A :P Face

• Has friends besides tanks now

So, save for Clockverse, do we have the roles relatively well-covered? Aside from no roguish type, that is.

We have a decent melee character, a properly decent melee-caster hybrid, a caster, another melee, and possibly another melee.

We could use a ranged person, and a rogue person, but I can build a campaign around not needing those.

I think that I could technically pick up some of the slack with ranged with ranged spells, but I'm not entirely sure.

You have a limited number of spells. While a ranged character has a limited supply of arrows, that limited supply can be much higher, and they don't need to worry about Will saves (although they do need to worry about AC).

This is true. Hence "some".

• edited 2012-11-02 21:17:12

One more archetype for consideration: the Kensai? It gimps casting pretty hard, in exchange for damage maximization, so would that be better? I was sort of imagining my character as being like a Samurai anyway. But, again, if that seems too cheesy, fair enough. I'm not entirely sold on it in the first place, but it seems like it could be cool.

Hm.

I'm wavering, so I tell you what; come up with a decent backstory for your character explaining how he/she became a Kensai, and I'll allow it.

So we have a Samurai, a Paladin, and a street punk turned spellcaster.

Interesting stuff. 

Hmmm...

I normally prefer to play magic users.

But we've kind of got magic users.

So we have a Samurai, a Paladin, and a street punk turned spellcaster.

The Paladin used to be a whore, and was an adventurer at a previous time before today. :3

• edited 2012-11-02 21:30:34

We have me and a Magus.

We could use a Cleric? ^_^;

or an Oracle or Summoner, like I suggested earlier. 

The Paladin used to be a whore, and was an adventurer at a previous time before today. :3

That explains the level 3. Also, a literal whore or a figurative whore?

Also also, are we running this game on normal or accelerated XP gain? I've never played a D&D game long enough to know how long one takes compared to the other. 

Ooh, a Summoner might be interesting.

Summoners basically play two characters though.

I can best describe it as a Melee character (your Eidolon) with the actual spellcaster being a somewhat nerfed Sorcerer focusing on Summoning (duh) and support spells. 

Yeah, I'm reading up on it now.

also the default Eidolon is great

DEMON CHICKEN 

That explains the level 3. Also, a literal whore or a figurative whore?

Literal. I won't go too much into the backstory, but I've tied my character into the plot in order to provide a pushing point.

I'm hoping that people's backstories give me something to tie your characters into the plot with, too, but no luck yet. :(

Also also, are we running this game on normal or accelerated XP gain? I've never played a D&D game long enough to know how long one takes compared to the other. 

Whatever. I'll figure it out as we play. If it's taking too long to level, I'll boost the EXP gains.

Things like roleplaying experience should help.

I'm hoping that people's backstories give me something to tie your characters into the plot with, too, but no luck yet. :(

What (in general) do you need?

I'm willing to make minor alterations as long as they don't unravel the central points of my character. The actual RP in a Tabletop RPG is the only thing about them I'm good at, y'know. ;~;