If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

There is still a spot opening if you want it, yes.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Is the Dragoon archetype for Fighter allowed?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes.

Woohoo, what kind of Ability Score pool are we using?

28 Point Buy, using the table found in the core Pathfinder rulebook.

• edited 2012-11-01 22:59:21
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

28 point-buy starting from 10, IIRC.

Ninjas. Damn.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Nova, is my sheet usable by you?

Also I feel we should decide if our characters have any history together. 

• Has friends besides tanks now

Question, concerning the Magus: is this feat okay? If not, I can go for a more traditional one, but I think this would be a cool idea to explore.

Nova, is my sheet usable by you?

Not in the least!

For reference, here is my sheet.

Oh! Oh! I also found out where those extra ranks were coming from, in your skills!

Traditionally, 3.5e has given you four times the usual amount of skill points you get per level at first level.

Pathfinder does it a bit differently. Rather than requiring two skill points per rank in cross-class skills, it only costs one. And, rather than getting four times the usual amount of skill points, you instead get +3 ranks in any class skill you put a rank into (for the first rank only).

Question, concerning the Magus: is this feat okay? If not, I can go for a more traditional one, but I think this would be a cool idea to explore.

That feat is fine.

Should I join Myth Weavers to make my sheet?

You don't have to. I use it, because it's conveniently there and has the sheet laid out nice and proper.

Then how do I show it to ye?

Find another PDF of the character sheet and upload it somewhere.

Thus, why I used Myth Weavers.

Might as well use that.

What is this thing and how do I use it.

If it's not immediately obvious, I've never actually used a proper character sheet before. My previous DM gave us a pre-formatted text file and had us fill that out. 

Ah, nevermind. I've gotten Funnyguts to help me.

Next question! Is the Hexcrafter archetype okay? I think it would only be fair to check, since this is more non-Core stuff.

Isn't that a Witch archetype?

*reads*

I guess not. 

I actually wanted to do a Magus but seeing as the spot is already taken. Anyhow, I should go on and make my character.

Next question! Is the Hexcrafter archetype okay? I think it would only be fair to check, since this is more non-Core stuff.

I'm hesitant, what with the article singing about how much more powerful than the base class it is.

I was honestly under the impression that Hexes were pretty useless.

They're the main feature of the Witch class. I dunno. 

• edited 2012-11-02 20:38:53
    Has friends besides tanks now

^^ I didn't get the impression that it's significantly better (the delay of spell recall and loss of improved spell recall apparently really hurts), and he never actually said anything to that effect. Just has a few more options that need to be considered more carefully considering that spell recall is delayed for so long. It doesn't grant 9ths or anything like that. But if it would complicate things too much, that's fine. It might not be the best idea to screw around with archetypes too much considering how long it's been since I played 3.X.

^ What gave you that impression? They seem pretty okay, at least going by that article. Is the Witch generally considered bad?

• edited 2012-11-02 20:40:50
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

You people and your customizations.

I'm still trying to figure out how to fill out a character sheet. 

^ What gave you that impression? They seem pretty okay, at least going by that article. Is the Witch generally considered bad?

It's been awhile since I last read about them (several months, during the character creation for the only other D&D game I've ever played) but all the hexes seemed very weird (you can turn people into food! hooray!) or bizarrely situational. 

you can turn people into food! hooray!

If the save DC is high enough, and it doesn't take too long to acquire, that would be incredibly useful.

If I remember right, you have to kill them first.

Basically, it lets you cook them. Not spontaneously turn them into chicken wings or whatever. 

(the delay of spell recall and loss of improved spell recall apparently really hurts)

... Somewhat. He loses the ability to recall some used spells, but as a tradeoff, he gets access to Flight spells, Evil Eye, Lifegiver, and Summon Spirit.

• edited 2012-11-02 20:47:36

^^ Aww. I'll admit that that's kinda lame.

But there are some pretty useful hexes described in that article, by the sound of it.

New question, now that I'm going to actually stat out this character: can we decrease ability scores to get more points?

^ Magi gain flight as a 3rd-level spell anyway, Evil Eye's just a selective debuff, and the other hexes are all higher-level, at which point Lazuli would have flashier spells.

• edited 2012-11-02 20:50:38
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

at which point Lazuli would have flashier spells anyway.

My sorcerer's spell philosophy, in a nutshell

edit: ok, what the hell vanilla? You auto-embed every other time. 

• edited 2012-11-02 20:51:34

But when is Ed ever not the bossest kid on the block?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I should probably get to work on my character.