If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People who deliberately derail serious threads by posting non-sequitur images

edited 2011-04-26 16:40:45 in General
☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
It rearry makes it impossibru to conduct a real discussion.

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    People who

I THOUGHT WE STOPPED DOING THIS
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Who's we?
  • Uh where are we now?
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Not here. 
  • I'm conflictedI really get where the OP is coming from but that conflicts with my compulsionto kiss Vorpy's ass.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I also hate it when people shit up threads that actually could have, or sometimes already have, real discussion going.

No, seriously, I do.
    Then discuss plz.

Because I am WAITING for a discussion about this. So we can talk about WHY exactly people don't like this.
  • edited 2011-04-26 16:52:22
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^People don't like it because it's the internet equivalent of trying to have a conversation and suddenly someone walks over and starts blasting an air horn into your ear.
  • Frankly it's because when you pull that kind of shit most people and especailly the OP are usually involved in discussingsomething which gets interrupted by the non-sequiter.
    It also depends on the discussion, if you can call that 200 page wondershowzenfest that. Think about what would happen if there WERE no airhorns to stop the pointless one-sided drama from happening....again....for like the 3rd time.

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Then there would be a discussion. God forbid it turn out like half the threads in OTC. 
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    You'd have to avoid clicking on thread for a couple hours until it dropped off the front page?
  • Some peoplejust need tovent or get opinions generally whenp eople are told "what you ahve to say isn't worth shit" it can upset them.
    Because when people gripe about stuff, they want to get audience feedback about what they're griping about.  And said things that they're griping about do not involve Lady Gaga, Space Channel Five, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, or various other things 99% of the time.

Because would you enjoy it if I walked into a thread where you were talking about sex, and I posted picture after picture of NES Metroid gameplay.
  • What's the difference?
  • edited 2011-04-26 16:58:14
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > Think about what would happen if there WERE no airhorns to stop the
    pointless one-sided drama from happening....again....for like the 3rd
    time.

Well, guess what, If you don't like the thread, DON'T CLICK ON IT.  If you're so concerned about the same topic showing up again in that thread, then go make another thread for what you want to talk about.  No one is forcing you to care about that thread.  It's okay to ignore it!  Really!
  • ~looks at Vorpy and Glenn~ I'm about to  explode!
  • "If you're so concerned about the same topic showing up again in that thread, then go make another thread for what you want to talk about."

But what if what you want to talk about is the same topic showing up again and again?

• edited 2011-04-26 17:05:32
    Then either discuss the same topic showing up again and again in the thread with that topic, or make a thread about the same topic showing up again and again.
  • Vorpy has a job to do now!
  • I have to agree that for all Chagen's faults, the dogpiling in that thread made me really fucking uncomfortable. Then again, I'm the kind of crazy person who thinks it's possible to provide some basic courtesy to other forumites without the whole place turning into a hugbox, so what do I know?
  • edited 2011-04-26 17:50:20
    I only know th

• edited 2011-04-26 17:51:26
    > Then again, I'm the kind of crazy person who thinks it's possible to
    provide some basic courtesy to other forumites without the whole place
    turning into a hugbox, so what do I know?

How is this crazy at all?

I hold this opinion, heck.
  • ask soemof the other IJBMers.
  • Indeed? Join us at the asylum, then. We have cookies.

Your sarcasm-detector may need a spot of adjusting, chief.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 23:09:03

[Comment deleted]
    [Reason: Snark]

• If that don't work, use more gun.
    This really annoys me.  It messes up my computer and causes threads to become unreadable for me.
    That too.  Especially when the shitposting involves lots of images, the pages take FOREVER to load.
  • For some reason, lots of images don't slow the page down for me.
  • I read that as

For some reason, lots of mages don't slow the page down for me.