If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Rush Limbaugh's statements about Sandra Fluke

124»

Comments

• Hyperbolic indignation is just one step below revenge fantasies on the unhealthy obsession scale. I'm all for creative and abusive venting, but don't try to mingle it into a serious discussion.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Yeah. Hyperbole was one of the reasons we hated Chagen so much.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Now just what is going on over here...?.png

*reads through what just happened*

Oh God what have I done.....jpg

• As a mod, I say a month long is good enough, then we let him back under strict supervision and let me know he's on very thin ice. If he still acts up, then he's gone for good.

• Champion of the Whales

So how does the BNP manage to get so many votes?

They don't. They rarely if ever get their deposit back which requires 5% of total votes

• edited 2012-03-06 12:17:01
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Hate speech laws can be very easy to abuse if the spearation of the government and the judicial system is less than optimal. Here in the Balkans, since the entire region is an ethnic melting pot and everyone hates each other, hate speech laws in most countries are very strict so we don't appear bad in the eyes of the West. However, in practice, individuals close to the government in question are untouchable, while the opposition can be prosecuted for the most inane shit.

A really terrifying example of this was in Montenegro, where the government had anounced its plans to flood a canyon holding a UNESCO-protected 12th century monastery. In response, a bishop publicly anathemized the government and said that everybody involved in the project will burn in hell for the sin of greed. It warranted minimal media attention, but he was still jailed for FOUR MONTHS for "hate speech". And quite recently, there was a failed terrorist attack during the celebration of the 20th anniversary of Republika Srpska (a Serbian autonomous entity in Bosnia), attended by the Serbian political and cultural elite, including the presidents of Serbia and Republika Srpska and the Patriarch of the Serbian Orthodox Church. A high-ranking Montenegrin official wrote an article saying that the attack should have succeeded and that Republika Srpska, a "genocidal creation", should be burned to ashes. Even though it caused a shitstorm across the whole region, nothing happened to the guy - everyone was harping about his right to free speech. Damned hypocrisy.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

literallylyingbecauseihatewomenandwantthemtosuffer.jpg

• I'm not sure how this ever became about "the government paying for birth control". It's not. It's forcing health insurance to cover birth control. The government itself isn't spending a cent on it.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    Because Republicans hate women. That's all there is to it, really.
  • "I'm not sure how this ever became about "the government paying for birth control". It's not. It's forcing health insurance to cover birth control. The government itself isn't spending a cent on it."

Remind me why conservatives are so eager to dismantle universal health care again.

Because their ideology says it's a bad idea.

• Well a load of good neoliberalism has done for the rest of us.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Honestly UHC is a blessing, you can get loads of forms of contraceptives for free.

-_-

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

@Glenn: No, it's really because private medical companies stand to lose profits if medicine was socialized, thus they lobby to conservative politicians (and liberals too, let's be honest), and they package it with anti-communist rhetoric and send it to everyone else.