If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Cave Story

2»

Comments

• edited 2012-06-21 17:11:53
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^Surely, though, a polar star run is harder than an "all the weapons but three" run that lets you use the polar star.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@Blueeyedrat: I know what it does; I'm just asking how it's useful.  Projectile blocking and acting like a backside shield?

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Basically, yeah. Also a good area attack when you release a bunch at once.

• edited 2012-06-22 06:06:27
    Definitely not gay.

Level 3 Bubbler would like a word with you.

Like...seriously? The Level 3 bubbler is only usable as a rapid-fire weapon, and if you want a rapid-fire weapon the Machine Gun is far, far superior.

the Polar Star seems like an excellent weapon from the little of the game that I've played, though

Polar Star is far better than the Fireball, but far worse than the Snake and the Machine Gun.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Polar Star is like a very basic shoot-straight weapon.

• The Level 3 bubbler is only usable as a rapid-fire weapon, and if you want a rapid-fire weapon the Machine Gun is far, far superior.

And what if I opted out of getting the machine gun for whatever reason? level 3 bubbles got me through the desert decent enough, and that's all I could ask of it.

• edited 2012-06-22 09:49:23
    Definitely not gay.

Here's a useful weapons tier:

• TIER -127: CRAP TIER

• Nemesis level 3

• TIER 0: USABLE EARLY-GAME BUT ULTIMATELY USELESS TIER

• Bubbler levels 1,2,3

• Fireball levels 1,2,3

• Polar Star levels 1,2,3

• TIER 1: OK TIER

• Machine Gun Levels 1,2,3

• Nemesis level 2

• TIER 2: GOOD TIER

• Snake Levels 1,2,3

• Missiles Levels 1,2,3

• Blade Levels 1,2

• TIER 3: KING TIER

• Blade Level 3

• Super Missiles Levels 1,2,3

• TIER 4: GOD TIER

• Spur

• Nemesis level 1

And what if I opted out of getting the machine gun for whatever reason? level 3 bubbles got me through the desert decent enough, and that's all I could ask of it.

You could...get the Snake or the Spur?

Point is, Bubbler isn't really worth the effort.

• edited 2012-06-22 09:49:51
    Belief

How about the Knife?

:3

You could...get the Snake or the Spur?

Point is, Bubbler isn't really worth the effort.

You can't have either of those things before the desert, of which I commented was the biggest area by which I used the bubbler, It's ranged coupled with it's unique firing pattern helped where-as my choice for continuing with the Polar Star left me limited.

• Definitely not gay.

Blade Level 3 is Very Good. Not as good as the Super Missiles or the Nemesis, but still very good.

• I actually think I just used the Polar Star during that part, and didn't have that much trouble... >.>

• In terms of boss fights actually, isn't blade level 2 higher rated than blade level 3?

• Definitely not gay.

Blade level 3 has higher damage output, it's just that level 2 has a far higher firing rate.