If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

.docx

edited 2012-04-11 21:17:51 in Media

What a selfish file extension.

Comments

• a little muffled

> Microsoft

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

why does this even exist?

• No rainbow star

.docx?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^It's a Word file format that's used as the default by recent versions of Word and compatible with nothing else. So basically, it's a file format that exists solely to force people to buy the new Word version.

• edited 2012-04-11 22:14:41
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Thankfully, OpenOffice Writer can open them now, and MS Office Word can still save in the .doc format.

I like having file extensions shown in my folder views.  I also like knowing what format I'm saving everything in.  Sometimes I just type the format in myself.

• The thing that bugs me is that if you go to save a document in .doc format, you'll get a wee warning saying that .docx has features that .doc doesn't have. I have yet to stumble onto these features.

• My arms are falling off!

But...but...the 'x' makes it sound cool!

• edited 2012-04-12 04:10:08

^^ Equations are converted to images when saving as .doc

• I prefer .docx because it isn't a goddamn memory dump, meaning that non-MS word processors have a fighting chance of opening it within the year.