If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

That feel when you watch something sweet and feel empty afterwards

edited 2012-04-19 23:47:41 in Meatspace

Snowclone and actual topic.

It's strange, somehow. I usually get it with MLP:FIM (usually whatever season 2 episodes don't upset me, at least).

Comments

• I used to get this with MLP:FIM when I first started watching it, but not so much anymore.

Nowadays I usually get it from bittersweet fanfiction...

• If I am allowed to ask, what do you mean by "feel empty afterwards?" Is it because you realize that the realities of life are not quite so sweet?

• ...yes. Pathetic, I know.

• Oh, that...yeah, I do get that from MLP:FIM sometimes, sure.

• Anonus,

Nah, I would not consider that pathetic. Better to be disappointed because things are not as pleasant as you wish they were than to hope everything turns all angsty and dystopian I guess. 

That being said, I feel like the emotion you described is kind of par for the course with any kind of escapism, whether it be TV shows, comics, video games, or books.

• ^ Agreed. And you can't live your life in a fantasy world, by definition.

Well, some people try, but it usually makes their actual life worse.

• Well I guess too many sweets can cause diarrhea and that would make you feel empty.

• Sometimes I worry I let the escapism go too far.

Mainly because I occasionally find myself fantasizing about being an MLP pony...

• Look at the soulbonders and the otherkin and bask in the knowledge that you're not that bad.