If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Awkward titles in artwork, songs and movie titles

edited 2012-04-23 12:20:59 in IJAM
They're somethin' else.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

THIS IS NOT IJAM.  When I have to deal with funny looks for being a fan of "Kiddy Grade", this is NOT IJAM.

• They're somethin' else.

:C

I don't know if I know that feel that well, but a pat on the shoulder all the same.

• Hm... one of the reasons I haven't bought the recent rerelease of Mahou Shoujotai Arusu is because its official English title is "Tweeny Witches", which is a horrendously dumb name on top of only sounding marginally less creepy than "Kiddy Grade," so... I guess I sympathize with GMH? 

• I have often had to explain that Questionable Content, as webcomics go, doesn't contain that much questionable content. And that deviantArt is not necessarily all that deviant.

I just know there are other examples I'm forgetting, but I'm not sure what. 

The opposite is funny too. Listening to Steely Dan has always been slightly different ever since I learned the origin of the band's name. Same thing with the ELP album Brain Salad Surgery.

Actually, you know what anime title is awkward in a different way than already discussed here? Eureka Seven. Because everyone wants to pronounce it yoo-ree-ka but you know that in the show it's more like eh-ur-eka. So saying it "right" confuses the hell out of people, but I feel bad about saying it "wrong" for the sake of convenience.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I actually call the show "yooREEkah Seven" but the character "eh-oo-REK-ah".