If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2012-05-02 08:28:54
    Likes cheesecake unironically.

The 3DS version of Devil Survivor and the sequel are supposed to come out in Europe. According to Wikipedia, there is no definite release date yet, though.

Also, that reminds me that I still have to get Catherine. But I don't feel like it at the moment.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    @Lai

Sorry I didn't answer before,but I was sleeping. We might have to work around timezones if we want to play online. Sorry again.
  • LaiLai
    edited 2012-05-02 09:38:35
    It's fine. Timezone differences can be a bitch.
  • I'm a damn twisted person

Malk - oh that reminds me I should play through Tales of Graces a bit more. The protagonists as kids conceit has gone on for a bit longer than I expected. Like a 5 hour playable prologue so far. 

• You can change. You can.

Then move to a country that matters!

>US

>Mattering

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    So.

E3's in a month.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I always found E3 really irritating. It's so important that nobody's allowed to announce anything for like two months before or after.

It's like the Christmas Season of game announcements.

Doesn't bother me that much, though.
  • To be or not to be? That is the question.

Honestly, here's hoping that E3 impresses me...

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Just found out that the Monster Tale soundtrack has been released!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007P4ZMTS/ref=dm_sp_alb/183-9524197-1726835

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Okay seriously, what is with Bethesda games and cannibals?

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-05-02 18:04:55

So, practicing Brawl right now. I'm on the West Coast, so I'm on PST. What about you? I'm still have the Awaiting Registration message on my Friends List.

• No rainbow star

I could play online brawl later this week

Anyone here play Arc Rise Fantasia?
  • "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

I could play online brawl later this week

Same here.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

One thing I really like about Dragon Dogma's character-and-pawn system is that it encourages players to think about their characters in context of a pair. 

For instance, I made Siegfried, a young warrior, and Roy, a wizardly old mentor. Joke aside, the "warrior and wizard partnership" thing is ripped straight from Arthurian mythology. It's kind of cool to establish that with character customisation. A friend of mine created a pageboy as a pawn as a thematic sort of squire. Pretty cool! And you could do heaps of stuff like that, such as making Hansel and Gretel. 

Future RPGs of all kinds could stand to allow the player to make two characters for the same playthrough, I think, if only because it naturally encourages this kind of thinking. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Future RPGs of all kinds could stand to allow the player to make two characters for the same playthrough, I think, if only because it naturally encourages this kind of thinking. 

One thing I like about The Old Republic is its' Companion system.

Hmmm...I wonder what a game that was like Mass Effect, but with you making decisions for two different characters would be like?

Not quite the same thing, just a thought that occurred to me.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Wouldn't that be like playing two Mass Effect games at once, or do you want the characters to interact?

They would interact, though not necessarily all the time. And their decisions would have effects on each other.

Gonna take that as a 'no', then.

I could see a game like that work. And if you made the two conflict with each other, you could potentially become your own final boss...

Yeah, that would be a possibility.

If they wind up fighting at the end, you pick one to play as. And whether you win or lose, you still get an ending. 

• There is love everywhere, I already know
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

What makes that especially interesting is that Google is taking ownership of Motorola, meaning that if this appeal doesn't work, Google will have enforced an embargo against Microsoft hardware and software in the centre of European economy. It's almost like a supervillain move.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

Meh, I don't think that it will work.

• edited 2012-05-03 08:01:02
    To be or not to be? That is the question.

I doubt that it will work somehow.

On another note: I think that Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE will be in the top 1 of my favorite MMO games. (Until Phantasy Star Online 2 and Mechwarrior Online comes out.)

And since my birthday is coming out... Games in my Birthday wishlist: Serious Sam 3, A Valley Without Wind, Dark Souls, Painkiller, and Einhander.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

Fuck it, I'll buy Dark Souls today. Or Demon's Souls, if I deem the former too expensive.

I'll completely fuck up. I know that already. But playing it a little bit at the anime/manga con, I visited last year, and hearing so much about it really made me curious.

• I hope that the PC version appears on Steam, preferably at a lower price.

^^Protip: once you get to the hub area, don't go through the graveyard. That area is for much later.