If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Idiotic newspaper editorials

edited 2012-06-05 19:17:59 in Media

Inspiration for this thread: our lovely media's reaction to Thomas Mulcair (NDP leader, opposition) using the term "Dutch disease". Because after all, disease is supposed to be something bad, which means that he obviously hates Western Canada and is a bad person for trying to divide the country, never mind what the actual point is (and as someone who prepared for a manufacturing job as opposed to a natural resources job, this is very relevant to my concerns).

To not dwell too much on specifics, I was contemplating leaving the "idiotic" out of the thread title, because most of them (by confirmation bias) I read are pretty terrible. They seem to consist primarily of people blowing tongues at whomever disagrees with them, whether it be prominent figures who complain about the status quo or those damn spoiled rotten university kids who dare to protest against having even more of a financial burden upon graduation (old people whining about young people whining is a common trend for some reason). I wouldn't mind them so much if they actually had constructive things to say, but the writers seem more interested in saying "Shut up!" rather than actually dealing with issues. Then again, that's probably because it's the Conservative Party's modus operandi.

Comments

• No rainbow star
    About the Quebec protests... Uh, didn't they attack students who went to class? Because that's something I can see as bad (along with keeping people who still want to go to class from going to class. If they are still going, then physically preventing them won't change their minds to join your cause...)