If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Programs which hijack your browser and are a pain in the ass to remove

edited 2012-09-24 01:43:42 in Webspace
No rainbow star

I was gotten by... I forget the name of it, Atlas? Oracle? before. That thing kept reinstalling itself and it took quite a bit of work to kill it and get my browsers back to normal

Then recently I got Privitize so I could download a PERFECTLY LEGAL COPY OF A DOCTOR WHO EPISODE. It passed all the scans, and I figured something that could anonymize my browsing could come in handy

Finally got rid of all of it (I hope. I had to use Regedit to find all the little bits even after uninstalling the program)

Also, today I learned that scans don't necessarily work on torrents. Either that or it was a legitimate program that was designed to be VERY annoying