If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Internet and it's outrage everytime another shitty amateur teen pop song comes along

Comments

• edited 2012-11-13 23:39:05
    Poot dispenser here

To BTL? Why haven't they banned him yet?

But, to stay on-topic-ish: Kevin Rudolf.

*Runs*

• I banned him. Granted, we toyed with him for a while, but he's gone.

• I remember someone making a Youtube video wherein they expressed that I should die for being trans, haha

Wait, what? Jesus, when did that happen?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

It was the infamous Jim Profit. 

• edited 2012-11-14 01:46:49
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Before anyone answers that, let me remind everyone not to provide links, lest we attract the idiot's attention.

Ninja'd. But no link, so that's probably okay.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Wait, what? Jesus, when did that happen?

Back at the start of the year. I called him an idiot, and he called me an 'idiot who likes to tuck my dick between my legs' or something and that I needed to go die.

• It was back on the first BTL. He posted that big, stupid video to YouTube after he got banned from there for being a homophobe, transphobe, and hater of autistic people.

• edited 2012-11-14 01:59:13

It was the infamous Jim Profit.

Back at the start of the year. I called him an idiot, and he called me an 'idiot who likes to tuck my dick between my legs' or something and that I needed to go die.

Oh, that guy. I only saw his rants about communism. Jesus, I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

^ Ah. Good riddance to bad rubbish then.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Wait Jim Profit is actually a singular person? I was under the impression it was the shared alias of a troll group.

Sucks either way, though. That fucker tried to add me on facebook. Or...one of those fuckers if I'm remembering the troll group thing right.

• No, he's just one guy. One sad, sad guy. Either way, he's mocked pretty much everywhere he goes despite his efforts to build his 'internet badass' image.

• edited 2012-11-14 12:27:14
    a little muffled
    There's definitely more than one person who uses the name (though it's not an organized group afaik), but the one who used to be on TVT who I assume is the same one here is certainly the most...prolific.
  • That's probably because there was a TV show where the main character was named Jim Profit who was a sociopath.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Jim Profit also did a run at 4chan before being banned. 

• Has friends besides tanks now

Wait, he got banned from 4chan? Or do you mean that he talked about 4chananigans on TVTropes?

• edited 2012-11-14 13:37:26
    Tech support

I'm pretty sure that he is talking about how Jim Profit was banned from 4chan. 

edit: found proof of the ban here.

• He was a fairly notorious troll in /tg/... honestly, given that the only points in common everywhere are trolling and the Shikamaru avatars, I'd be more inclined to believe it's a Stand Alone Complex/Copycat Behaviour than a single dedicated person.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

You guys do realize that the more you talk about people like this, the more likely they'll show up here, right? I mean, there's no way I would let him in if he applied as himself, but some stuff does slip through the cracks sometimes.

For what it's worth, I haven't mentioned him by name.

• Well, even if he did manage to get here, it'd be a mild annoyance at worst, and only for a brief time.

Besides, what is this, some kind of urban legend? If I say "Jim Profit, Jim Profit, Jim Profit" in front of a mirror he'll suddenly appear in my forum?

• edited 2012-11-14 14:27:29
    Has friends besides tanks now

True, hence why I'm not stressing about it. But we have had at least two or three dramatic Internet personalities try to come over after finding out that we'd slagged them. Don't know if Jim Profit, in particular, would care to find us, but it happens.

He's one of those crazies who Googles his name to find every place that talks about him.

• Don't you guys have to approve membership anyways?

Yes.

But stuff slips through sometimes; I don't know for sure that he'd apply under his own name.

I would prefer we not play the internet paranoia game. It's ruined good sites in the past.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Honestly, I don't see why we need to go all Candle Jack on this guy. Even if he does somehow get in, the mods will ban his ass the second he opens his mouth anyway.

What do you mean by "going Candle Jack" on h

Yeah, fair enough.

It's just that whenever people do that it's really annoying on our end because they always spend ages repeat-applying because they have no pattern recognition capabilities.

• edited 2012-11-14 15:02:22
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^I mean being afraid to say his name as if he's some sort of boogeyman ready to jump out of the closet.

I think Clock's the only one going Candlejack at the moment. Even though it's really not that difficult to deal with these types of people.

If anything would concern me, it's the idea that we should let someone like him in to make his case and have a chance.
  • Hell, even if we did let him in, and stay for a while, as far as I've seen, he's not even as bad as some of the specimens we've had here before, for significantly longer periods of time.