If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Videos you know you'll never use. (now SFW)

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    "So what do you do when a penguin jumps up on your belly?"

You film it, of course.

evangelion
  • edited 2017-06-26 04:24:53
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    how to tell your competition that you're sexiest man on the block: become a lite-brite

(or, for Earthbound fans: Lumine Hall)

• edited 2017-06-26 06:02:12
    I like this video a lot.

It makes me feel good.

• YT recommended me this
  • edited 2017-06-30 20:47:04
  • edited 2017-07-01 00:18:05
    Wrong thread?
    No, correct thread. This is the videos thread, right? Yep it is.

(Note: text of previous post was sarcasm.)
  • I missed the link, I see.
    Comments suggest that this video is comedy gold, and this video is double comedy gold if you understand Indian languages.

Anime editing. Like, really high-quality anime editing.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Better than the band's own, I tell ya. Also, I didn't know Disney is so trve.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I luv VAnadis

I always had this fantasy about being magic, and using my magic to make perfect crossover videos for youtube with original voice-acting intact.

And just making extremely convincing "deleted versions" of series and having everybody go "oh my god is this REAL? it looks real! I'm confused"
    This must be the style of chant used in a church of memes.

• edited 2017-07-19 20:39:30
    Ran into this video late at night while bored. Remarks beneath the embed.

I agree with his perspective though I think he doesn't quite express it very well. He says that the art needs to have more "meaning". That makes it sound like anime art doesn't have "meaning"...which it certainly does.

Rather, I think there are two dimensions that this actually means (no pun intended):

1a. The "societal meaning" of it. It is still niche, as this commentator points out, albeit a notable, recognizable, and increasingly accepted niche. As much as I'd like to insist that it's high art, it's often not considered such, and that's just the way it's perceived, though that may change in the future, of course. And as a result...
    1b. Closely related to the "societal meaning", is to what extent it might be demanded by people who might pay money for art. Considering what the market demands is especially important for anyone who is expecting to make a professional career out of their artwork. Again, this might change over time -- as the anime fanbase matures, and people who grew up with anime in their lives become professional adults themselves with incomes to spend and guests (as well as children) to entertain, and later, retirees, I expect to see some amount of increase in the demand for this style of artwork.

2. Another dimension of meaning is a general sense of "what purpose does this artwork serve?". The perceived "shallowness" of pop art usually comes from a presumption that it's basically there to simply display a character, or just look cool/pretty, and one can't really take in much more than that. Sorta like how people normally wouldn't use blueprints for their house as art to hang on a wall. If the anime-style art is just there because you want a picture of a cute girl in your life, then it is not too different from a calendar of pin-up models, which people would easily regard as kinda base in terms of purpose -- especially for people who aren't familiar with who said cute girl is. On the other hand, looking for meaning beyond just "looking cute" (for example) gives something more depth. For example, if you're looking to complement a sitting room with a piano, a guitar, and a coffee table with random nature books, this might work: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=346510 . It's a picture with an (arguably) attractive girl drawn in an anime art style, but it's also got a lot more context than that, with interesting uses of color (darker blues/purple in the foreground, lighter blues for a stream, yellow for backlighting) and visual features (a variety of musical instruments drawn as if they're naturally present in a forest, giving an imaginative/surreal vibe), and even said anime girl is drawn in relation to that context, since she appears to be singing (which makes sense if you recognize her since she's Chihaya Kisaragi, a fictional pop idol singer with a more operatic/serious streak to her style).
  • Despite my own posting habits I can't say I'd ever write up a defense of animu pictures.
    would you like to see unadulterated stupid ft. pairings that definitionally do not produce fertile offspring from mating?

well, here you go!
    this video contains psy duck

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    From an old movie, but not sure if "too soon" given recent events.

...oh well, whatever.

What elsewhere would be one man's struggle, here is such a beautiful allegory for the struggle of us all.

Almost exactly year old, still actual.