If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Somebody woke up and decided to be the biggest dick in the world, apparently

Here is a thread in the Forum Games section of TV Tropes:

People seem to like it, and usually when a game is started about an avatar being in a certain situation, a duplicate game is also started about the troper themselves being in the same situation. (The same is true of games that are originally about tropers: usually a duplicate thread is soon made about avatars.)

Here's what happened when somebody started the thread "Hello, Troper. I want to play a game":

What the hell?

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I dunno, I thought this would be something along the lines of "Fighteer joins ISIS" or what.
  • "Hello Fighteer,

I want to play a game. For years now, you have oppressed my fellow tropers with heavyhanded moderation and a bad temper, wielding the banhammer indiscriminately in order to compensate for the lack of control and power in your own life. Now, you see a hammer on the desk in front of you, and your arm is chained to the wall. The chain is heavy steel and deeply embedded, so don't bother trying to hammer those parts: you'll have to go for your arm. You have 15 minutes to bust yourself out or else the shaving apparatus you use for your unibrow will be crushed in a trash compactor. Good luck."
  • ^ That is pure gold, sir. XD

I guess to play devil's advocate, the game could lead to people pointing out real flaws that tropers had and feelings could be hurt. But to stop playing devil's advocate, that doesn't necessarily mean you lock the thread. Maybe just tell people not to get personal. Or if you think that tropers don't know enough about one another to really get much mileage out of the idea, say that. Don't go "Your idea sucks and I'm shutting this thread down because I can and because fuck you."