If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Over-Americanization

edited 2011-04-04 10:04:24 in Meatspace
[tɕagɛn]
We're watching a video on India in World Geography, and I have to say, sometimes Americanization goes too far. I don't mind countries developing and becoming modern, but I will lament the loss of all these amazing and interesting cultures if the US just bowls over everything and put it's own boring culture over everything.

Comments

• The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    While I do agree that Over-Anythingization is something we're better off without, to say that the U.S. culture itself is boring is kinda selling it short.
  • Familiarity breeds contempt, Komo.
  • What bugs me is that most everyone else is going to be familiar with both their own culture and the vaguely hegemonic American culture, but as an American, I don't have that.
  • edited 2011-04-04 11:04:41
    [tɕagɛn]
    I have that feeling too. Sometimes it feels like America is the de facto culture with everything else opposing it....if that makes any sense.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Ms. Harriet Suzanne-Myers
  • Bah, they're better off with less culture.