If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Why does Ultimate Frisbee have so many rules?

edited 2011-04-04 16:38:21 in Meatspace
Has friends besides tanks now
I have a set of papers of the rules printed out, and it's thirty-one fucking pages long. D: I'm far too lazy to read through all of this.

I mean, it's not like most team sports don't have this many rules, but this is still irksome, in that I'm not going to remember most of these rules in one read-through. How did they manage to make Frisbee so complicated? I mean, most of it is fairly situational, and the main rules are easy enough to get, but still. If anything, having a bunch of situational, less memorable rules is more annoying.

[It's a fairly minor complaint in the end, and I can understand why they need certain rules, but this is the first time in a while that I've been able to think of something that bugs me, so why not?]

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Contrast Eating Contest rules.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    ...31 pages of rules? Well, I guess it's better than most sports.
  • A lot of the rules are probably rigorous definitions of common-sense stuff, like what a «step» is.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ Sort of. There are a whole bunch of terms I haven't seen used in such a way before, is the main thing.

^^ Probably. But compared to swimming, that's a lot, especially for a lazy guy like me.

^^^ One of the few sets of rules easier than swimming.
  • Rule 1: If you don't have diabetes by round 2, you're not playing it right.
  • Never ever look at regulations for racing leagues, Everest.

I think even The 24 Hours of LeMons has a pretty big rulebook.

Just so you know, LeMons is a 24-Hour Endurance race where your car cannot be worth, not counting safety equipment, more than 500 dollars.