If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

my nosy next door neighbor

edited 2011-04-13 00:18:40 in Meatspace
She's the closest thing I have to a best friend right now and my parents want me to be friends with her, but I don't know if I can anymore.  She wants me to eat exactly like she does (hard bread, spoonfulls of powder and more pills than I'd care to count) and thinks I have only 15 years to live otherwise.  I am fat (about Kevin Smith's size), but I don't eat all that terrible stuff.  Stouffer's lean quisine, diet soda, Subway, etc.  She threatened to search my groceries, so I put them in a suitcase to hide them.  I can't really avoid someone living next door in a small apartment.

Comments

• Tell her you appreciate the concern for your health, but your health is your own responsibility and it's going to put a strain on the relationship if your privacy isn't respected.

You might be better able to make a more convincing argument if you can truthfully cite ways in which you're taking steps to improve your health. 
  • No rainbow star
    I'd just screw with her and find articles stating how what she is eating will shorten her lifespan

But I may not be the best person to ask :D
  • Master Guardian of the Passive Voice

Surprise her with a kick to the stomach. Then, the piledriver. As she's disoriented, move forward for the pin. One, two, THREE! And then it's over. You win.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...how does she get into your apartment in the first place?
  • ^She doesn't.  She catches me walking between my car and apartment with groceries.