If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The way Western developers ignore handhelds.

edited 2011-04-16 11:53:56 in General
It bugs me.

That's really all I have to say. >_>

Other than "Why?", anyway.

Comments

• It's because hand helds suck.
  • edited 2011-04-16 12:51:35
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Because neither hardcore gamers and max-resolution graphics seem to like handheld systems, and western developers are on average more inclined to cater to these demands.

That said, this is true for big-name high-profile western games.  If you go deeper, you'll find a bunch of western-originated shovelware, which is common on any system, handhelds included.  Then you get cool gems like Monster Tale and Scurge: Hive.

^ Your opinion sucks. :P
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    There are few Handhelds with good reputation. There are.....PSP and the DS?
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Handhelds are awesome.  You can play them anywhere, at any time.  They're a lot less bulky to carry around when on holiday or whatever, as well.
  • To be honest, I can't say this bothers me.  I just can't really think of any games by western developers that I'd ever want to play on a handheld.  Aside from some 3D platformers I guess.  And I know that they don't have to just make sequels or ports for handhelds, but I mean when I think of western developers, I mostly just think of FPSes, or certain kinds of RPGs, or sports games or Bejeweled clones...
  • The DS is my favorite game system.
    3DS HAS

THE SAME GAMES

• I am not understand.
    You bought a 3DS to play the exact same games you already have in DSi.
  • edited 2011-04-16 16:50:13
    No I didn't!

I bought a 3DS to play Ocarina of Time, Starfox 64, MGS3, Megaman Legends 3, Paper Mario, New Pokemon games, Dead or Alive and many other games that will eventually be exclusive to it as previous versions of the DS slowly become obsolete. Also, my DSi was broken and I had the money anyway. Plus the prospect of netflix and such on the 3DS interested me.
  • edited 2011-04-16 16:50:20
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    The DS isn't getting BlazBlue, Ocarina of Time or Devil Survivor: Overclocked.
  • edited 2011-04-16 16:50:39
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    BlazBlue is the game with the cute vampire right? Or is that Castlevania?
  • Cute vampire = You're gonna have to be specific.

The DSi to 3DS is like GBA to DS Phat.
  • edited 2011-04-16 16:56:40
    ^^^ BlazBlue has the cute vampire loli and a bunch of other characters who aren't as cool.

Except Iron Tager.  Because Tager is my favorite character.
  • edited 2011-04-16 16:57:12
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Yep. Only she wears more in the game :P

^I prefer Noel, myself.
  • edited 2011-04-16 16:58:43
    Oh yeah that's her.
  • edited 2011-04-16 17:00:52
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Found the image when looking up pictures of MariaHolic but then I realized that this was not Mariya because the hairbands were too prominent. She also lacked the little dot below her left eye.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
  • Oh fuck, why can't my birthday be earlier....