If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Stuff White People Like

edited 2011-05-04 20:33:34 in Webspace
Because you never know what you might see.
I used to find this site very amusing, but ever since seeing "stuff-liking white person" used as an actual insult, it's left a bad taste in my mouth.

Comments

• That's sad.
  • Dammit, that was our word.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Shit, I'm white and I like stuff!
  • Before anyone asks it: Yes, there is.
    Funny, I know more white people (including myself) who like Kanye West than black people. 
  • Inside, too dark to read
    Is this my fault, Bobby?
    IT ALWAYS IS.
  • Rottweiler has exposed himself as a guy, over and over and over again, who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture.
  • RACIST BITCH
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    YOU HUMANS ARE ALL RACIST
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    What exactly is this site supposed to be about? What's the point? It's not very funny, it's not very vitriolic, and there's no way it's genuinely just cataloging stuff that white people like.
    Tongue-in-cheek stereotypical hipster bullshit. 
  • It's pretty much just satire of hipsters.
  • Wasn't it around before hipsters?
  • edited 2011-05-04 21:54:44
    Pony Sleuth
    It's pretty recent, IIRC. And I'm sure "hipster" behavior has been around longer than it's been referred to as such.

The earliest entries on that site seem to date back to 2008.
  • wrong, hipsters didn't exist until a few weeks ago.
    Hipsters used to be cool. But then they went mainstream. So now I only pretend to be one ironically. 
  • SHUT UP DOUBLE HIPSTER
  • Pretending to be a hipster ironically is one of my favorite things to do.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-04 21:59:13
    AAAAAH
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    One of these days, I'm going to hang out in Williamsburg or wherever the hell people find these guys for a while, so I can actually meet one of these people.
  • edited 2011-05-04 22:01:49
    Inside, too dark to read
    @Wicked: It's about the weird customs of affluent white people, under the conceit of being a guide to people of color looking to socially climb by learning how to network with them.

As a university-educated white person from a working class ("wrong kind of white people") family, I was amused by the jabs at how they value diversity while inventing all sorts of behaviors exclusionary toward the lower orders.
    Go to New York. The place is practically swarming with them. 
  • edited 2011-05-04 22:03:13
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I've lived in New York for my entire life and I've never even seen one. 

Or if I did, I didn't recognize them. 

But then, I do live in a relatively lower-class area...
    I actually stumbled across a drunken posse (what one calls a group of hipsters, I do not know) of them outside MSG the day LCD Soundsystem played there. 
    I'm reading through the archives right now, and I have to say, this site's actually pretty great.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Pretending to be a hipster ironically is one of my favorite things to do.

So you are pretending to be a hipster, ironically.

Which means you are a hipster.
  • Thanks Vorpy, you're too sweet.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    You are welcome Gelzo.