If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'm forum-banned for a week on TvTropes

edited 2011-05-09 18:00:23 in General
So.

Okay, then.

Fuck dontcallmewave, seriously

Comments

• Maybe you should work on your issues.
  • Yeah, I should do that, I am partially at fault here.
  • You've got a full week to do it.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    How and who and why?

• Apparently posting in threads to talk about how dumb they are.

Which I don't think I've been doing, but whatever.
  • edited 2011-05-09 18:04:24
    You can change. You can.
    NVM. Ninja'd
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Well, I can't say that I didn't see this one coming...
  • Shut up, Komodin.
    To be fair, you are kind of... abrasive. 

But as long as you keep passive agression to people and things outside the wiki, it'll be fine. Besides, a week's not too long. 
  • If that don't work, use more gun.
    Lemme guess, "entries that make you go wut?"
    Yep, starting on Page 91.
  • edited 2011-05-09 19:20:26
    Come to think of it, I have no idea why I let the forums get to me.

Unless it's Tongpu.
    It's always Tongpu...
  • edited 2011-05-09 19:38:28
    Your beserk button. This might do some good for all of us, you need to calm the fuck down.
  • Well getting pissed off at Tongpu wasn't the reason I got banned.
    You got banned (I think) for going off-topic. Which makes no sense, seeing as how dontcallmewave did as well, and you attempted to get things back on topic. 
  • Your posts there seem to have been thumped, could you elaborate?
  • I would post my the posts under the thumps, but it appears that editing doesn't work with a forum-ban.

Maybe Khwarizimi can do it, if he comes to this thread.
  • To be fair, you are kind of... abrasive.

Nah, I'm abrasive, like masturbating with sand paper.  Difference being I post quality posts as well.
  • Yeah, I always thought your posts had a certain QUALITY to them.
  • God, this thread is not about you Deboss.

This thread is about Chagen, and his family issues.
    Are they not all?
  • edited 2011-05-09 22:22:07
    [tɕagɛn]
    "This thread is about Chagen, and his family issues."

MAAAAAAIIIIII ISSSSUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

/notsurewhyIdidthat
  • You can change. You can.
    Because you want to show us that you can poke fun at yourself?
  • That, and I love the "THE LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" scene from Judge Dred.

I should probably watch that movie.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    If the reason for the ban what I think it is and dontcallmewave is banned too, then one would think that I get banned too, since I made a quite snarky (and now thumped) post myself.

Well, the most important thing is that I'm not.
  • You can change. You can.
    Nyarly: Don't see why you should have been banned by participating in a derail. I think it's simply the fact that it was going to turn nastier and the mods decided to go preemptive.
  • As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    Deboss... Quarity. Right.

Anyway, Myrm seems to have devolved into self-parody. I think this is a positive development.
  • Yeah, your post was ill-advised but you weren't doing as bad as me and dontcallmewave, and you don't really have a history of stuff like this, Nyarly. Don't worry about it.
  • edited 2011-05-10 10:32:12
    Loser
    I am beginning to think that eventually everyone on IJBM 2 will be banned on TV Tropes at some point. That makes me wonder how Khwarizmi will be banned (probably for messing with thread titles too much).

Anyway, I am a bit confused about people being thumped for off-topic posts in a Yack Fest topic considering the rules specifically state that Yack Fest threads can derail. I guess there is a possibility that the wrong thump message was used or something.

Deboss,

While I really do not know what "quality" is so I doubt I could or should judge your posts, I think the idea that it is okay to be rude so long as you also contribute is kind of silly. From what I can tell, being abrasive makes it more difficult to contribute if anything, not to mention that I think it is an unnecessary and negative personality trait. I think that "tending to annoy or cause ill will" is not a great way to be if you want to interact with people successfully, either online or offline. I guess your mileage may vary there though.