If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The clients on "Oddities"

edited 2011-05-13 21:18:09 in General
For those of you who do not know, "Oddities" is a show on Discovery channel about an antique store in New York called Obscura who deals not only in antiques, but odd and weird things like the head of bicephalic animals, books covered in skin (human or otherwise), electric chairs, etc... Fun and weird items.

The thing is the clients the show has... These are some of the creepiest people on tv. From people who look like they've just stepped out of an Edgar Allan Poe story, to people who have some the strangest and creepiest accents (One guy, often seen in the intros, stand out "Isss thaat a sssstraight jacketttt?" Dunno if he had a stroke or something). Some of these people sound and look like the criminal of the week on CSI or Criminal Minds.  Others look like they should expect Batman to pounce them soon.

Seriously, how do you find so many creepy weirdoes!

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    That store is cool. I so want to buy their bloodletting kit.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Eh, the clientele is why I can't really watch an episode of the show for too long. They just rub me the wrong way.
  • edited 2011-05-13 21:35:59
    One thing I'll give, I like the owners, they do have the feel of almost adventurers, especially when they need to check the genuineness of something. They are fun to listen to. But the clients... Man. Part of me is convinced at least some of them have to be actors.

Though they are sometimes kind of douches when someone has something they do not know the value of, Like the time theybought a stillborn pig in a jar for 20$ when they can sell if for hundreds. Sure, it's also the client's fault for not researching this stuff, but sometimes, it almost seems like they are being dicks about it.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    I need to watch this show. The clientele are what would make this show interesting, beyond a shadow of a doubt.
  • Ever been to a real flea market?

It's exactly like that, except its the sellers too.