If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Apparently everyone hates Kino

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    "^^If he does, then he has no idea what he's doing. The expensive cables are literally no different from the cheap ones."

Quite clearly he does, since he's trying to make more money using them.
  • That has got to be the answer. Somebody like him would not fixate on somebody that gonky without reason. He has feelings for her one way or another, but doesn't want to admit it because all of his fans and onlookers are expecting him to be an asshole/troll, so he can never truly let people know what he thinks of her on a positive note.

I know how badly guy's hearts get mangled when they are pressured into not admitting their feelings for the girl of their dreams...oh GB, if you are reading this right now, send DLC a message this instant and let her know she hurt you! You will never feel better doing this! All the hate does is blind you and trick you into thinking you can handle never letting her know the truth! You must do this, you and DLC's children depends on it!
  • edited 2011-02-15 14:00:15
    His end in the fora, however, was really stupid. He accused Edmania of being an attention whore. Despite having much more of an attention whore (although I doubt that GB is one).

Not quite, he actually kind of got along with Edmania (even if he insulted him a  lot). The thread that got him banned was pretty obviously a joke thread, but he was already stretching the mods patience, and that was the perfect excuse to ban him.

^^^^^ No.

^ Ha had a problem, justified or not, with the general attitudes in the forum, and DLC happened to be the best example by virtue of being crazy and internet-famous.
  • crazy?

Pffff, she's not fucking crazy, she's just stupid/self-aware.

I am more crazy then she'll ever be.
  • edited 2011-02-15 14:49:26
    ^^^ No.

^ Maybe crazy is not the most appropriate way to put it, but... I don't know how to best say it. It's not too inaccurate, unfortunately.
  • Who unbanned Acrdity?
  • He never seemed to stop posting in the Zero Punctuation thread, so I guess he either just got a 3 day tempban, or was never banned in the first place.
  • This the new "talk about tropers we dislike" thread now?
  • It is.

Anyhow, I don't see how Desertopia is smug or whatever. As far as I can see never talks about himself, or flourish his arguments with pretentious phrases, or anything.
  • I can imagine being disliked here, since I tend to put emphasis on real life interactions and calling out the flaws within the TvTropes community. I'm also pretty blunt *shrugs*
  • edited 2011-02-16 10:20:25
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Can we not have a default thread for complaining about other tropers? I feel like that's not going to end well.

^You seem okay to me.
  • I like to play objective devil's advocate a lot. Or tl;dr, be realistic about how other people see me on these forums.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Yes. Please don't derail a thread into complaining about Tropers.

Especially if there's a chance they might not see it.

If you have a problem with someone, please take it up with them personally.
  • Cygan, that's now how "passive aggressiveness" works. :P

Either way, I don't see the need to bring up problems with people personally if they don't do the same anyway.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Well, I prefer not to take up problems with people personally if I don't have to, but I can't say I'm a fan of talking about them elsewhere either.
    I don't think Desertopa is smug either.  Haven't found any beef with him.

And yeah, just keep in mind that your gossiping about other forumites is...not a great idea.
  • Who is Desertopa? Is that the guy with the Konata avatar that writes creepy rape stories?

Well there is no use taking up problems personally if they are just going to ignore you or try to deconstruct your replies.
    No.
  • Let me scour TV TRopes for him
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Still. Keeping the sniping to a place where they can't see it is very similar to bitching about somebody behind their backs.

Please don't do that. It's very rude and demeaning.
  • To be fair, if you don't like someone, you also likely don't mind being rude to them.
    Yes. But by not informing them, you're basically saying that you do not respect their right to know when people are talking about them.

Which is a violation of many codes of ethics.
  • edited 2011-02-16 19:23:45
    I don't think people have or necessarily should have the right to know when other people are talking about them.  So...
    In that case, I suppose you would not mind if I started up a thread on a forum you don't visit to start bitching about you?

Not that I would. But it holds the same base disregard for other people's opinions and right to know information that concerns them.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I've always been really uncomfortable with the idea of talking about people where they can't see it.
  • edited 2011-02-16 19:30:13
    ^^ I wouldn't like it, but like I said, if you didn't like me then I wouldn't expect you to do what I like anyway.
  • edited 2011-02-16 19:31:10
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Same.

Which is one reason I'm very uncomfortable with the existence of this thread.

^ I see. Regardless, I still think someone should alert Kino as to the existence of this thread.
  • I don't mind this thread.

After all, the talking about certain people hasn't been set up to be a pedestal to go "This guy's a faggot" and everyone go "yeah, fuck that guy".
    True.

Which is just about the only thing that has stopped me from alerting people about it.

Regardless. If people attempt to turn this into a thread for complaining/bitching about people, I will lock it ask a mod to lock it, and alert Kino as to the thread's existence.
  • I just got the funny feeling that Cygan will soon be made a mod here.
This discussion has been closed.