If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Darius

edited 2011-06-27 02:03:02 in Media
Inside, too dark to read
Once upon a time, Taito released a side-scrolling shoot em up called Darius to arcades. It was a success, and was followed by Darius II and several console-exclusive spinoffs. When they released the third arcade game, it was called... Darius Gaiden.

What was wrong with them? Were they afraid that if they called it Darius III, the next one would have to be called "Alexander the Great"?

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.
    Ignoring the history perspective for a moment, Darius Gaiden was originially intended to be called Darius III. Presumably, Taito changed their minds when they realised that the game is set after Darius, not Darius II.
  • edited 2011-06-27 10:59:50
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    This is a very curious chandelier.

Sorry.

I remember thumbing through my old SNES games guide and deciding that Darius Twin was a great idea to get.

I never got it though, at least back then.