If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Dragon Quest series' method of saving.

edited 2011-07-10 22:29:25 in Media
The Dragon Quest games really need a way to save on the world map. I know it's supposed to be "traditional" and all, but fuck that. Having to go back to a town just to get some kind of permanent save (or see how much exp you have before the next level-up, wtf) is a load of bull.

Or, at the very least have some way to warp to dungeons so that when I inevitably get my ass kicked inside of one, I don't have to run all the way back to it from the nearest town. Feh.

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    -Save in front of the dungeon-

-In China, you never lose-
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Hello Electrivirus.

Yeah, it's pretty remarkable how such a simple thing as saving can affect the difficulty of a game. 
  • I don't mind only being able to save in town or certain points, but there's little reason to not even be able to see XP to level whenever.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    There isn't even a warp spell or warp wing or warp wire in the DQ games?

Which DQ game are we talking about, Electivirus?
  • There is a warp spell and warp wings but they only go to towns.
  • I'm mainly referring to VIII. You know, the one with the big, wide-open world where it takes forever to walk from place to place?
    ^ I play 9
  • It's a lot more bearable in IX, though quicksaving and sleep mode are only quick fixes. :V
  • IX also gives you a very convenient means of fast travel... but only after you beat the game... >.>
  • VIII does give you a means of fast travel around the map as well, but only after you've gotten fairly far in the game.
    I can't progress quickly through Dragon Quest 9.
  • Against bosses, Psyche Up/Egg On + an attack that hits multiple times = lots of damage.  Though later on it gets difficult to do that since bosses like to use an attack that resets all of your buffs including increased tension.  Though you still can do it if you get lucky/don't get unlucky.