If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Images you know you'll never use. (Now NSFW)

Comments

• No rainbow star

^^^ I still don't get it

• You can change. You can.

The point is that Alan Moore hates things and that fans shouldn't actually care about a stupid movie adaptation because it doesn't make Watchmen any less fuckawesome of a book.

• edited 2012-04-25 21:49:41

I liked the movie version of Watchmen a a bit better because it doesn't involve a Giant Space Squid from Nowhere. Having Ozymandias blame the disaster on Dr. Manhattan just makes a whole lot more sense from a narrative perspective.

Oh, on that note, I'll just be putting this up right in front of me now...

Flame Shield Up.

Honestly, I kinda liked the changed ending too, but everything else about the movie was too stupid for me to even pretend that that alone made it worth it.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Like making Night Owl and Rorscharch hyper competent badasses. Which entirely misses the point of who they are as characters. Still, the Dr. Manhatann bombs make a lot more sense than the fake space squid. 

Eh, it's a stupid piece of shit, and I honestly wish people just like...forget about it.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

• Champion of the Whales

EU plan

This is what the plan is to rescue the EU and whatnot

• No rainbow star
    SMBC needs a tagging system as I can't find that Watchmen comic it has =/
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Yeah, I don't know who came up with the "needing to sign up for an app to read articles linked on facebook" thing, but it's not a good idea.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-04-26 17:25:07

You don't even need to Google it, you can just extract the article's URL from the PHP field in the script that wants you to click through the app.

I might add though that Google does pretty close to the same thing wrt aggressively datamining the shit out of you, just without asking.

Yes, but they already do it anyway and bug you less about it.

• So it's better for a company to collect your personal information without your permission than with it?

• edited 2012-04-26 18:17:48
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

No, I'm saying that it's too late to stop Google collecting your personal information, so there's no point in letting Yahoo do the same, especially since they'll bug you more about the fact that they're doing it.

• No rainbow star
  • They're somethin' else.

^

• Well, it is true that the events of Super Mario Bros. 3 never happened and that Mario was never in danger, but that has more to do with it being a video game and Mario not being a real person than anything else.

^^^That's stage left.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

THISGONBGUD.gif

• ^^That flowchart should also ask "Were they sober?"

• edited 2012-04-28 06:11:58
    Diet NEET

^Change that into "were they in control of the situation?". Alcohol doesn't always guarantee impaired judgement(and frankly, I find that idea a bit patronizing towards dudettes), it takes into account other drugs, and factors such a peer pressure and emotional stability(f. ex., a person can want a rebound to heal a bruised ego/have some physical comfort to the point of whining, but that doesn't said person is in control of the situation).

Or spin this off to another thread if there is enough new material to warrant such a discussion.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Change that into "were they in control of the situation?".

Spins it around, as you have to ask if the person being questioned had any control.

Then again, you should probably be asking that anyway, I guess.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

(For those who don't know, the guy on the left is T.O.P. from the Korean boy band Big Bang.)

• Champion of the Whales

Is it too soon for this kind of thing yet?

• ^Nope. Never too soon to criticize the ludicrous nature of the "War on Terror."