If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Explosion, shots, fire in Oslo, Norway.

2»

Comments

• Probably a troll.
  • That, or Wikipedia's usual standards of suckiness. No difference really.
  • edited 2011-07-23 12:12:23
    Though I dunno where he got the gun or the materials for the bomb, and I'd have to be much more familiar with laws regarding those in Norway to determine if that was indicative of a group.

According to news sources he owned a farm, thus allowing him to buy 6 tons of fertilizer in may (which would make for an impressive Fertilizer bomb). 

As for guns, Norway does not have total ban on Guns (though they do require licenses), plus there's always black market sources...

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Ah, I see.

I don't actually know what kind of gun he used, but given that he managed to kill 85 people on his own, I can't imagine it'd be a publicly available one.
  • Can just be having lots of guns. Many of the deaths are drownings too, as people jumped in the water to try and swim away from the shooter. And according to police, he gathered many people around him before shooting. So add a large initial number of kills (using, say, many pistols rather than reloading which is a popular tactic in public shootings) and the water (he also shot some of the swimmers). Plus the shootings were on an island, so rescuers took time to arrive (according to one source, 30min), meaning many wounded could've bled out.
    Ah. That makes sense.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    It's curious indeed, but I dislike the tone of the article. It encourages its audience to jump to conclusions rather than to consider every possible option. 
  • ^Agreed.  It's possible it's just a dumb prank.  Or conservatives trying to discredit people who want the bad guys to be conservatives.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Conspiracy theorists gonna conspire.
  • Well, Rapute Ready had a thread about this pulling a No True Scotsman.

And then it was deleted.

Not surprised.
    His list of favorite books makes me think anarchist.
  • Glaives are better.

He was a video game-playing conservative who claims that MW2 is a great training tool and helped him prepare for terrorism.

Nice going, Anders. Real classy of you.

What a dick.

• edited 2011-07-24 18:00:33
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^That was all added to his facebook profile by someone else after his arrest. See the link a few posts above.