If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJAM: Poll of Troper political positions plotted

edited 2011-07-27 15:33:35 in Politics

In this case A stands for "Amuses".  Anyway, the data is now here.

Edit: I meant to put this in "politics".  Oh, well.

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now
    We've had this thread before, in fact.

And I was gonna say "wait, where am I", since I was on the last one, but it's probably better that I'm not on there, now that I'm no longer a Troper.
  • edited 2011-07-28 00:58:36

• I look at this data plot and see a swordfish with its tail in the lower left and its sword near the middle, charging a nonexistant foe in the upper right, with water spray above and small fish fleeing below.

^^;

• I stand uncorrupted.
  • a little muffled
    You can change the category when you edit the OP.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Oh hey, it's teh chart again~! Looks like it got updated in my absence. I would have kept adding names myself, but I decided that "Everyone is a liberal forever unless noted otherwise", and vacated.
  • edited 2011-07-27 16:25:25
    Aww, someone deleted my penis drawing.
  • No rainbow star
    No Authoritorian Right wings?

Little surprised there
  • is ther eany way I could be added to that?  But as far as tropers i most agree iwth Fiscally i'm with Frodo and Socially i'm with Ukonivi. I would have expected a more extreme position for Heathen.
  • Wait no I gave incorrect information I filtered it to only include name sI knew. unfiltered i'm not siure who I come closest to on each scale
  • OK Added my result
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I got Economic -4.88, social -4.26
  • Economic Left/Right: 4.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Test seemed kind of biased though.
  • edited 2011-07-28 09:55:28
    in what direction? my issues were mostly in the realm orf very confusing wording in questions. Questions that seemed to have no lo gic to them (seriously what do art and spankings have to do with anything?), the lack of a No Opinion/Don't Know option. That's about what I found confusing not sure where the bias lies though hard to tell.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/euchart

This raises questions. can somebody explain how Sweden and Denmark are rightr of the economic line?
  • ....If everyone is on the right side of the scale, then why is Europe always stereotyped as radically left-wing?
  • no they sterotype us as radically right-wing
  • Listen to my dad, or the sites he goes to, for a week, and you'd come away thinkin Europe is so far-left to go off the charts.
  • edited 2011-07-28 11:14:35
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    >>listening to a word your dad says about politics
  • still can ANYONE explain how every country got to the right of that line? ESPECIALLY Sweden and Denmark.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT

Economic Left/Right: -1.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18

• oh I missed hwat you said Chagen that was my bad. yeah takt doesn't add up the perceptions and governments of europe in economic terms don't mactch that chart.
  • edited 2011-08-05 09:16:00

still can ANYONE explain how every country got to the right of that line?

I think Europe used to be more left - authoritarian than it is now, but with recent reforms, has moved more right - libertarian, but in the author's (of that particular chart, not mine!) opinion, they ended up moving right rather than down.

New chart with Forz, Tnu, & GL added

The 50 U.S. States.

Also, WTF?

All I'll say is, YMMV.

• what do the colours in the dots mean?
  • ^political party of the senators from the state for the states; political party of the candidates for the election.
  • i'm presuming the reds are Republicans, Blues are democrats and yellows are Libertarian? It depresses me that everybody is so high up there.
  • I'm not sure I agree with the results.

I thought Obama would be higher and further to the left of Paul, but whatever.

But maybe I'm confused as to the author's definitions of the axes.  At any rate, I agree with the overall implication that in general current governments tend to be more authoritarian than their people.

• yeah Paul being so high up really confused me.