If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

That I'm not as active on TVTropes as I used to be.

edited 2011-08-01 01:56:54 in General
Kinda sad, really. The forum is still one of my Firefox homepages and I still browse it every so often (every other day, more like), but I don't think I'll ever be as active on it as I was back in '07-mid '10, pre-IJBM dying in a fire. I don't think there's anything in particular that bugs me about the forums themselves, but...I dunno. I just can't drum up the effort to be a truly active part of it all anymore.

I don't think I'll ever fully leave the site; I'll definitely post every now and again (I've invested way too much of my internet life there and have become far too familiar with the site and its denizens to do that), but it's also never going to be that one place where I always hang out whenever I'm online.

i haz a sad

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I've already pretty much left TV Tropes.  It was cool when I first got there, and the first time I really got involved in an online community, but...  It kind of has a creepy underbelly.  And the longer I was there, the more problems I had with it.

I'm happier here.
  • edited 2011-08-01 02:01:42
    Clean your room little Billy
    I haven't seen you often on IJBM v.2 either :(.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I half-assedly returned to TV Tropes, somewhat, mostly because there isn't very many VG thread places here, and not many opinions. I should change my siggie to advertise this place.
  • If that don't work, use more gun.
    Yeah, the fora went downhill, and it's pretty lifeless now.  I'm thinking about jumping ship.  I'm only staying cause of a roleplay I'm still active in.
  • I know that feel, bro.

The saved free time is nice, though.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I only really post on updates these days. I'm pretty sure I post more here, lately which is odd as I've been here two months tops.
  • You can change. You can.
    IJBM: Feeling like leaving, and not doing so because I'm still fond of some of the people there whose companies I wouldn't enjoy in a more private conversation (As in, MSN or the like)

also, what Malkavian said.
  • IJBM: Feeling like leaving, and not doing so because I'm still fond of some of the people there whose companies I wouldn't enjoy in a more private conversation (As in, MSN or the like)
    I feel that way sometimes, too.
    I'd probably hole myself in #yackfest forever and ever if it wan't because I don't particularly like many of the people in there enough to stay in there forever.
  • Something just started pushing me away after IJBM was gone. Like, it wasn't the small, close-knit trope examining community I had known anymore. Suddenly, more and more new, faceless people who couldn't be bothered to get an avatar started flooding the fora with controversial or otherwise banal topics like "why is incest bad", or several variations of "what's the point in living?" I'm not sure if it changed, or I just outgrew it.

OTC is the only thread I find that anymore, and even then I'm just in the TF2 and animation sections (anime, western and otherwise)
  • Clean your room little Billy
    I'm probably not leaving anytime soon, due to a project I'm attached to, and a number of okay posters who aren't present on IJBM. I should, however, bring my lurking and posting amounts more in line by reducing the time I spend doing the former.
    IJBM: people that aren't part of the problem leaving TV Tropes.
    Well, to be a bit blunt, it's not like staying would somehow fix the problems. 
  • Electivirus is to TVTropes as Bob is to IJBM.

Also, I know you're sick of me saying this every time I respond to you, but you should seriously post here more often.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    TV Tropes left me for another person, I did not leave it.
  • Sums up my feelings quite nicely.
  • You know, I'm starting to feel this way too. It's really strange. I just like it better here.

I think part of what I was missing was some of the people that slipped away. I found them, and the people I actually like from there are here anyway, so there's not much reason to go back.
  • Am I one of the people you like Waltzy?

Probably not actually >_>

• What? Why would you say that, no no no you're just fine~! X3
    Juan: I know, but all the people not leaving just leaves the people who are the problem.

Also, WE LOVE YOU TOO, WALTZY! (pounces)
  • D-D'awww~. <3 n///////n

Truth be told I always enjoyed talking with Malky and Big bro quite an extra lot. They're like the protective brothers I never had and always wanted~! :D
  • I say that because from my time on Tvtropes fora, we haven't interacted a whole lot, so I don't know if I left a good or bad impression on you
    [ o ]
    c -c
    MM
  • Hmm, that's true. I never forget a grudge though and so I must not have one against you, and so your impression must have been good~. If not back then, we can be friends now~. I definitely remembered your name at least. <3
  • That's good to hear ^_^, I'd like to be your friend

[ w ]
    c--c
    MM
    Counterclock is obsessed with trolling Juan and myself. One day.... one day... I will write yaoi of her!

...somehow...
  • Ahaha, I didn't know that~. Ship teasing, eh? A little brotherly lo- *shot*
  • edited 2011-08-01 05:17:57
    Belief
    I'm playing matchmaker :3

Juan Bot.                      Malk Bot
    ( o_o)                            { e_e }
    a----a                          s
    s
    N---N                          M---M

<3

between two robots is always a nice thing to see.
    I AM NOT A BOT I AM A HUMAN BEING!
  • Then why do you have Es for eyes Malk? Hmmm X3
  • edited 2011-08-01 05:22:27
    Ohh I wanna make a Waltzy bot~.

(\ /)
    (. . )
    (,,)(,,)

ehh I tried. :<

( . )( . )
     )   .   (
    (    y   )

;D