If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This video game trailer (includes massive boobs)

edited 2011-08-13 20:35:54 in General
Why do tropes that work perfectly fine in every other FPS trailer look completely ridiculous here?

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    This looks less like an FPS trailer than a trailer made by your stereotypical FPS player.
  • Poot dispenser here
    As soon as I saw that woman with the massive breasts, I stopped taking it seriously.
  • Glaives are better.
    The part where Booby McTanktop shot that RPG out of the air almost caused me physical pain.
  • edited 2011-08-13 22:29:04
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    "You owe me one y'know. ughuhuhuhu..."

"Now that ruined my make up! Shit!"

HAW.
  • Clean your room little Billy
    I could feel my veins start to fill with cheese just watching that. I can only hope that this is one of those good games marred by an awful ad campaign that often happens.
  • >High School of the Dead.

Come on now Funny!
  • edited 2011-08-13 22:44:09
    Poot dispenser here
    ^^Which scene? They're all kinda ridiculous.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I liked this, because I didn't take it seriously. It looks like silly fun for the sake of silly fun.
  • Well, that makes me never want to play an FPS again.
    If this is a parody, well they could stand to be better. If not, then I weep for humanity.
  • @Ivy: Soo... every FPS got ruined because of one FPS?

Just like Twilight ruined Romance right?

and X ruined Y.
    There there, Ivy. You should sit down and relax with a nice game of TF2.
  • edited 2011-08-13 23:17:01
    I should probably mention that, due to owning an ancient computer and no consoles, I haven't played any FPSes more recent than System Shock 2. So, this trailer ultimately has no effect on whether or not I'll be playing anything else in the genre. :p

The trailer is still horrible, though, and is on par with Epic Sax Guy in terms of "your beloved vidya games/musical instruments will never achieve anything beyond this tripe, thbbbbt".
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    That game actually looks really good.
  • Glaives are better.
    Vorpy, why you gotta make me hit you?
  • Aside from the lady in there, what's bad about it?
  • Glaives are better.
    It's bland, pandering, uninspired and uninspiring. I'd call it a cookie cutter game, but I don't want to associate cookies with it.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    It's far too ridiculous to be cookie-cutter. It's obviously an action game pisstake for the funsies.
  • Ok, but those are reasons you could use for why it's not good, or why it won't be good on release.

I'm asking for reasons why it's bad.
    It's not bad, people are just having a knee-jerk reaction to what any LCD gamer would find "hey that's cool they combined a shady sniper with a brutal shield guy, an assault rifle badass and a hot chick with guns all in one im going to rent that to see if it's good".

It looks nice and very actiony, probably filled with gritty fun.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Was this by Sega AM2?
  • I like it. Looks fun, and that's what games are meant to be aren't they? I probably wont play it because I'm not big on shooters (I suck at them), but yeah the game seems fine to me.

Also, all the snobbery in this thread makes me a sad Scotsman :(
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    The problems with the ad...

a) The combat seems kind of... ridiculous. It follows the usual action-movie traits of having the enemies never hit, and the people who are presumably the player characters are running wilfully into heavy fire.

b) The woman is... I don't even know what to say. Her official designation is now Booby Mctanktop, as per Hatter.

c) Nothing seems to actually be happening. There's nothing at stake. We're just watching Booby Mctanktop, Guy With A Skull Mask And Riot Shield, and Booyah!Commando slaughter random soldiers. I'm not sure who Severus Snipe was though.

d) They shot a fucking RPG out of the sky.

e) The entire ad is incomprehensible. It tells us absolutely nothing about the game.
  • Why do I get the feeling the executives mentality was "TF2 + MW and a dash of Duke Nukem"?  If I played FPS, I'm not sure I'd want this.
  • Poot dispenser here
    @Schitzo: Is AM2 even around anymore?
  • If this is a parody, well they could stand to be better. If not, then I weep for humanity.
    then I weep for humanity.

Benderlaugh.avi

Ohwaityourseriousletmelaughevenharder.avi
  • Glaives are better.
    The character design for all of the characters is just... wrong. I'm not an artist, and even I know the fundamentals of creating an immediately identifiable and attractive art style for each class.
    Visually the only thing that sticks out is Booby Mctanktop. Everything else fits alright.

The voice acting and dialogue? Eeeeuuughh...
  • Harbinger of thread and forum death
    I'll agree about the voice acting and dialogue. That said, I'm not really seeing that much of a problem with the trailer. It actually looks like it'll be kinda fun.