If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Justice (the French house band)

edited 2011-08-15 20:00:43 in General
Their music is designed to piss audiophiles off as much as possible. "Civilization" sounds like it was ripped from a 360p Youtube video and all the songs from Cross are actually painful to listen to with good headphones due to the massive amount of sidechain compression. Why? What's their point? What's Justice trying to say?

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I feel the same way about Bricolage and Supermodified by Amon Tobin.
  • I could say the same thing for most of Arcade Fire's output.
    Wait, what? Their sound isn't very low-quality.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I think that's simply them being all electro-house and all that.
  • edited 2011-08-15 20:15:46
    ^^ Maybe I'm thinking of the production. Either way, I can barely understand what the vocals are saying half the time. It's annoying.
    ^ That's just the way Win Butler sings. He's like a Canadian Thom Yorke that way.

^^ I thought electronic music was supposed to be high-quality. 
  • edited 2011-08-15 20:19:42
    ^ It's not just that, it's the way the vocals are produced and mixed. A lot of the time, they sound buried underneath the instrumental tracks.
  • You can change. You can.
    ...I actually understand them pretty well. 
    ^^ Isn't that the point? A blend of vocals and lyrics to symbolize the necessity of both music and lyrics in a song?

/out of my ass
  • Yeah, I probably don't know what I'm talking about.
    Well, neither do I. So let's listen to music.