If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

There is some random video playing on my laptop

edited 2011-08-20 20:55:28 in General
When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
It's freaking me out, because I cannot see the video, I can only hear it. I have no idea what it is, or what it's coming from, although it seems to be some zombie movie. And I never clicked anything like that. It's just playing some video that I cannot see at all.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Might be an ad in a different tab.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    No, it's not. It's rather long (about 10 minutes), repeats automatically, and I have AdBlock totally on.
  • They call me Rate Miser, whatever I see... turns overrated in my eyes...
    Could it be an ad that's immune to AdBlock? Like a new kind of ad they're throwing at us now?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Go into your task manager and check what's running?
    D'oh. I should do that.

Wait, what's the Mac version of Task Manager?  
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I know of viruses that do this. Including one that was in my old laptop. You should run a scan to make sure.
    But Macs don't get viruses!

/trololol
    Alright, I figured it out.

Sometimes, when I close Opera it closes immediately but takes a while to quit. Apparently the webpage I was on had a rollover ad that, for some inane reason, decided to trigger only after I had closed the window.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    The Opera doesn't finish till the roll over ad plays.
    The window closed, but the program did not exit. You'd think I would've caught that.