If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'm going to die.

edited 2011-08-26 06:14:04 in Meatspace
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
At 2:00 AM this Sunday, a hurricane is going to sweep right through my home state of Connecticut. We never get hurricanes. We aren't ready! We're going to lose our homes! Our power! Our internets! Oh yeah, and it might go all Day After Tomorrow in New York City too /melodrama It's kind of annoying. I like big storms, but I don't like big stores that also break my house and kill the power for days. The way the news is hyping it up, you'd think God was about to go all Sodom and Gomorra on our asses. Which, considering all the New York Yankees fans here, wouldn't be too surprising

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    My biggest gripe with America is its unrelenting ferocity in respect to the destruction of its own inhabitants.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    My biggest gripe with America is its unrelenting ferocity in respect to the destruction of its own inhabitants. 

> Alex lives in Australia

We have no room to complain, dude ._.
  • edited 2011-08-26 06:30:00
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, at least our country isn't actively trying to kill us most of the time. :V

By the way, if I stop posting on Sunday, either the power has gone out or I've taken a tree to the head and died.
  • edited 2011-08-26 06:37:46
    Clean your room little Billy

'My biggest gripe with America is its unrelenting ferocity in respect to the destruction of its own inhabitants.'

And that's just the homicide rate, hyuk hyuk hyuk.

But I hope the storm winds down early before it crosses the coast, or at the very least doesn't do much damage on it's way through.

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Pfft, you guys have it easy. I live in New Jersey. About a 15 minute drive from the beach, in fact. Wildwoods and Cape May are totally screwed.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

Be safe everyone!

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ Thanks.

So my dad just dragged me off to get emergency supplies, and the supermarket had a big wall full of water bottles and gallon jugs. They were all out. :l

It feels like we're preparing for the apocalypse or something.

Maybe I'll liveblog the hurricane.
    You should! My area in NC isn't going to get much or any of it. So I won't have anything to tell other than... "It rained. I couldn't mow."
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    The apocalypse? Aw man, so cool...
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I live in Montana. We have hurricanes all the fucking time and you don't see me complaining. Probably because they are only 4 feet across and appear on lakes
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I do wonder why sometimes people decide to live on floodplains/tornadozones/fault lines.
    Also if they choose to live in them they should understand that there is a chance of being fucked over.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    From what people told me, the floodable/tornado/fault zones have the cheapest real estate, so getting a house somewhere is less expensive there since most people do not want to live there out of risk of losing their home.

It's like living in Minot's valley next to the river. It's cheap living there, because when there is a flood they are the first houses to be annihilated so few people want to invest in homes there.

I feel the same way about people in the Bible Belt. Living in the Bible Belt is like living in Tornado Alley.

• You can change. You can.
    > I'm going to die

I was told. He would knock four times. 
  • Be safe, and good luck
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Forzare, where in CT are you?

> I live in Montana. We have hurricanes all the fucking time and you don't see me complaining.

LOL I SEE MORE
  • edited 2011-08-28 18:41:24
    Boo, we only get floods and sometimes wimpy storms.

Edit: Duh, meteorology.
  • I thought this would be a "hah! And so will you! BECAUSE WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE ONE DAY!!!" kind of thread.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone on the East Coast of the US and I hope this hurricane turns out to have been [shades on]... overblown.

• I was expecting an OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD or something, but seriously, best wishes for toughing it out.
    Maybe I'll help liveblog it, too. I'm getting it slightly before you since I live in NJ, so if my power somehow stays on I'll make note of what it was like. And if my power goes out, well, then you'll know why I've not been posting.
  • edited 2011-08-26 15:39:56
    >> Everyone saying good luck

Thanks D:

>> He would knock four times

OH GOD. MY DAD KNOCKED FOUR TIMES ON MY BEDROOM DOOR THIS MORNING.

>>Forzare, where in CT are you?

Somewhere in New London county.

>>Boo, we only get floods and sometimes wimpy hurricanes.

We hardly ever get hurricanes. I can't remember the last time we got directly hit by one.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    >lives in New York

>is expecting to not have power for a couple of days

>FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    Just get to high ground and you'll be fine.

• edited 2011-08-26 15:52:49
    New York will become New Atlantis.
    No, that's Atlanta. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh, you're closer to the coast than I am.  I'm in Hartford County.
    OH GOD. MY DAD KNOCKED FOUR TIMES ON MY BEDROOM DOOR THIS MORNING.

So...you don't want to go?
  • edited 2011-08-26 16:00:21
    ^^^ I almost made that joke, too. :l

^^ I'm not really that close. I'm kind of closer to the northern edge.

^ no
    But you get to regenerate into a fez-wearing, bowtie wielding, Amy Pond friend...guy...thing.