If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People Obsessed with Food

edited 2011-08-31 00:00:36 in Meatspace

No, not fat people. I'm talking about people who think about food all the time when there is no need to (as in they're not starving), as if it's sooo important.

Also, when these people talk about times they ate something reaaaaally tasty; look, I don't fucking care if you had the best steak ever at that one place, okay? It's not important.

(was that a good bugs me? This is my first thread here....)

Comments

• edited 2011-08-30 23:44:55
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'd say it's justified in the cases where they're in the food business, deciding what restaurant to go to or talking about food they're eating right then, but otherwise, yeah, annoying.

(and yeah, perfectly good IJBM thread. Don't expect a megathread or anything, but it's fine.)
  • edited 2011-08-30 23:58:13
    Belief
    Technically speaking here, with no means to be offensive.

Would Starving people also be obsessed with food?

Since they have none, and all they speak about is food...

because their bodies are breaking down due to lack of food?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Er...okay, there's another good exception. I'm sure I missed others.
  • Meh. Difference in interests.

If food wasn't interesting to people, there wouldn't be cooking shows.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Yeah, but there's a difference between that and just bringing it up randomly.
  • Is there a topic of conversation that doesn't get brought up randomly?