If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Artists Who Happen to be Jerks

edited 2011-09-02 00:17:45 in General

So, I like this band called Taking Back Sunday.

I absolutely love their music, but! the lead vocalist is a complete jerk.

So it makes me feel weird listening to him singing his lyrics about how he never has to fucking change, and about how it's everybody else's fault but his.

Granted, he has gotten better about it.

This also extends to Morrissey and Jared Leto.

It just bugs me how I hate the personality behind the person so much, and yet enjoy their work.

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Eh, I still watch Woody allen movies though the guy is an ass. Nothing wrong with that. Assholes tend to be creative.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Try being a hip-hop fan. You get used to this sort of thing really, really quickly. 
  • edited 2011-09-02 00:21:38
    [tɕagɛn]
    Reminds me of Andy Hunter.

He's a really awesome Techno artist.

He also happens to be a believer in Intelligent Design. He actually created the OST to the infamous Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed.

So, instead of being a jerk, he's a fucking retard, but same thing. His songs are still fucking awesome, tho.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Seth McFarland is an exception. I will not watch his crap. emphasis on crap.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Seth McFarland is an exception. I will not watch his crap. emphasis on crap.

So he's just a dickhead artist who makes works you don't like then?
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    >Taking Back Sunday

I like how these days, you know exactly what you're signing up for when you listen to a band with a present-tense verb.
    So he's just a dickhead artist who makes works you don't like then?

That's a fairly accurate description. xD
  • He also happens to be a believer in Intelligent Design. He actually created the OST to the infamousExpelled: No Intelligence Allowed.

So, instead of being a jerk, he's a fucking retard, but same thing. His songs are still fucking awesome, tho.

Intelligent Design as in, believing in God? How's that make him a retard?

Also, it's spelt though.
    Intelligent Design as in, believing in God? How's that make him a retard?

Come on, Bob, you're smarter than that.

(They see me trolling...)
  • Electric Boogaloo

Eh, I still watch Woody allen movies though the guy is an ass. Nothing wrong with that. Assholes tend to be creative.

Tell that to Fast Eddie...