If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

It's too hot to go gardening

edited 2011-09-02 22:46:00 in Meatspace
If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
but I'm really bored ;-;

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Bear the heat and do it anyway like a boss
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    It's over 30 degrees. In winter.

@Chagen: 'coz I'm not a lazy ass and I have hobbies that don't involve sitting in front of a computer 24/7.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Stupid Fahrenheit scale made me do a double take.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    "Wait, that's bloody cold D= Wait, no, she uses Celsius."
  • >30 degrees

>Too hot

-double take-
    When you've gotten used to temperaturs of like, 15 degrees, for several months, and all of a sudden it's more than double that...
  • *one Google later*

30 C = 86 F

Yeah, that's one of those temperatures that is hot enough to make you not want to do anything outside, but not hot enough to make you bitch about the heat when you're inside.
    Yeah, it's like that.

Especially when the job I have to do outside (digging out a flowerbed) is fairly labour-intensive.
  • I think what Chagen meant, was that everything In the land of Aussie is evil!
    It wasn't a very amusing joke to me.
  • edited 2011-09-02 23:01:20
    I imagine most Australians get tired of that joke after like the 500th time.

I know I would.

Edit: Ninja'd by the woman herself.
    It's amusing sometimes, but only in certain contexts. beyond that, it's just like "Ugh it's that joke again".
    86? That's way below average here.

Alabama really isn't meant for human habitation.
  • I have always hated temperatures above 70º F or so. I think. Mother used to say it was worse on fat people. (I used to weigh much more than I do now.)
  • It's supposed to be in the 90s this weekend, where I am.

Leave it to Ohio to get hotter in September than it was all August.
  • -checks interweb-

20 degrees at the moment? Bah.
  • 86?

86?!

YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT BEING 86?!

oh....oh my god 

try Texas

where 95 is cold
    86? That's way below average here.

When you've gotten used to temperaturs of like, 15 degrees, for several months, and all of a sudden it's more than double that...

Anyway, time to get off my ass and go do some work.

See you all later.
    Yeah, fair enough.

Later.
  • 15 C = 59 F

...Yeah, that's a pretty big jump right there.
    I have dug out several cubic metres so far.

The handle of my shovel broke, so i'll cool down a bit before grabbing a different shovel.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Hah, Queensland!

It's 21 down here today. Pretty good temperature for the third day of Spring.
  • edited 2011-09-02 23:58:02
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Oh yeah, it is spring now, isn't it?

Also i live in NSW.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Hah, NSW!, then.

:<