If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Bin night

edited 2011-09-14 06:36:05 in Meatspace
If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
I couldn't remember whether it was recycling week or not, so I took both our regular garbage bin out and our recycling bin out, just in case, because it can't hurt, right?

I got out there, both bins in hand, looked down, and saw that everyone else had brought out just one bin.

I was like, "... eh, I'll bring it back in tomorrow." So I went back up to the verandah and went back to my hot chocolate.

As I watched, the guy who moved in across the street last week dragged his green bin out. He glanced around, looked up at our house, then turned around and walked back. About a minute later, he emerged and dragged his recycling bin out with him.

Oh man, I felt really bad for causing this poor kid so much confusion. He can't be much older than me, maybe twenty, max. So I finished off my hot chocolate, then got up to go apologize to him. But, as I got up, my next door neighbour walked out and grabbed his recycling bin and dragged it in.

At this point, I was like O_o "Do I really want to stop him now? I mean, this guy's kind of a douchebag."

I stood there for about half a minute thinking it through, and then, across the road further down the hill, this other guy walks out, dragging his recycling bin.

I shook my head and went back to make myself a new cup. When I walked back out about ten minutes later, nearly half the street had moved their yellow bins out.

Looking outside now, nearly the whole street has their recycling bins out, and even the roads intersecting ours have started dragging theirs out.

I feel kind of terrible for causing everyone so much hassle, but it's also kind of really funny.

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    ... xD

Aw man, Cygan, that is brilliant.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I didn't even mean to do it. I was just being lazy, and then this happened and this is the most I've laughed for years.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    This is one of those things that seems as if it's directly out of fiction. 8D
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    XD

Never underestimate the power of idiocy.

Looking out, it seems not everyone moved their recycling out. Maybe two in three?

I guess I'm not the only person who has trouble remembering what week it is.
  • No rainbow star
    Your neighbours seem unsure of themselves :D
    I was too DX

I was just too lazy to fix it myself. Then others started because of me, and it all kind of... snowballed.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

CYGAN WINS.

FIRE DRILL.