If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My Math teacher

edited 2011-09-21 11:59:23 in Meatspace
~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
I used to love math. Then I grew to hate throughout elementary school. Then, just recently, for a short while I loved it again.

However, that is now lost. I don't know how, I don't know why -perhaps because everyone needs a bad teacher eventually-, but I am stuck with a terrible math teacher.

Now for some systematic complaining.systematic complaining:

*She has horrid communication skills. Was everything due today? Some of it do today? What did you just zoom through on the black board? Damned if I know!  I can't STAND it when people fail to communicate properly.
*Not an ounce of mercy and no flexibility. Half the class gets sick and misses a day? Well shame on them. Penalty!
*She seems to think that homework and repetition solve everything. Consider this exchange: Me: "How do I do this?" Her: "You would know how if had done the homework" Why is this odd? BECAUSE SAID PROBLEM WAS THE HOMEWORK. Perhaps she was being contrary to her character and being sarcastic. Why YES, if I had been able to do it, then I would have ALREADY known how, and thus wouldn't have this problem.

And now, for most grievous of all:

*She thinks that people failing her class 5 times is normal.

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

She seriously stated that there are students who have failed her class, completed the math class lower a level than hers without fail, failed her class again, completed a lower class again, and then failed her class again. And she said this as if it were the most normal and OK thing ever.

Comments

• "She thinks that people failing her class 5 times is normal".

If she's got the principal/school management convinced of that too, she probably has better communication skills than you give her credit for. If she hasn't, she might not be a maths teacher much longer.

• ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    She has been at it for decades, apparently. She was teaching back when a calculator was the size of an encyclopedia and cost several hundred dollars.

I have no idea how she can be so... rigid and have such little finesse after having taught for so long.

But indeed, better communication or something, 'cause I have no idea how she can so comfortably state in class that a student failed her class repeatedly even after going back and taking all of the other math classes.
  • It's possible she's just going through the motions now. Years of being in a job can easily make you cynical and case-hardened - another year, another bunch of kids to get through the same stuff.

I also get the impression that in the US, teachers are rather hard to fire, because of strong unions etc.. That means it can be  easy for people who really should be kicked up the backside a bit to coast along. There's a similar problem in parts of the public sector in Britain.

• No rainbow star
    Burn her with cleansing flame so you may purify the world
  • Seduce her into giving you a good grade.  That almost always works!
  • You can change. You can.
    Give her a blowjob /Vorpy
  • I feel you may be treating this situation...less than totally seriously...
  • $80+ per session
    Let her peg you.
  • What Vivi said, but film it and keep the tape for blackmail purposes.
    Like I said, she's older than calculators.  My preference is for women in their thirties, not people who witnessed early American history. XD

"It's possible she's just going through the motions now. "

If I had to summarize, this would be it. Her husband, however, remains a fantastic English teacher.

• "My preference is for women in their thirties."

Well, if you ever get any luck in that department, let me know - I may be able to use any tips!

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Is this college? Then try to transfer out or bomb review her once evaluation hits.

If not, well the try to get a private tutor and learn the material while bypassing your teacher's BS.
    If not, well the try to get a private tutor and learn the material while bypassing your teacher's BS.

This is my current (and only) plan of attack. Get waaaaay ahead of the material, and have a friend who happens to have convenient math skills teach me the rest, which I will have listed systematically.

If all goes well, I be able to get all the work done without having to so much as sneeze at this teacher.

Well, if you ever get any luck in that department, let me know - I may be able to use any tips!

*High fives*