If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When your favorite series end perfectly

edited 2011-09-21 21:08:19 in IJAM
$80+ per session
Yes, you are sad that it's over.

But when the ending is just absolutely perfect and just right...You just feel happy.

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Hurm.

I'm thinking Angel did this for me. And Arrested Development. Not sure if Serenity did.

And of course, Y The Last Man <3
  • edited 2011-09-21 21:26:05

Indeed.

Also, it's an individual game, but Super Mario 64 still ends so perfectly that it deserves a mention.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Phoenix Wright 3, Angel, Persona 4, Preacher, Snow Crash, and the 'In Water' ending of Silent Hill 2.
    Preacher's ending was...guh, I liked it, but even I hate the Cassidy vs Jesse fight. 

I liked the whole "Jesse's crying at last" thing, though.

Also, Transmetropolitan's ending is also awesome. ("one percent! HAhaHahah")

And The Wake is amazing, too! ("...and then you woke up")
  • $80+ per session
    ATLA's ending always gets me.
  • I find a good ending so special because so many series do not end so nicely. Either they go out with a whimper of no conclusion or become a franchise zombie walking on indefinitely.

On that note, I thought that The Fairly OddParents special Channel Chasers would have been a fitting end to the series (kind of like Toy Story 3 in the sense of "letting go"), and I still consider it the ending regardless of how long the series goes on afterward.

• a little muffled
    Man, there are so many good series that have lame endings.

But let's see...Fullmetal Alchemist and RahXephon.
  • I don't care what some people say, I feel this way about Princess Tutu.
  • edited 2011-09-21 21:58:36
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Higurashi.

/predictabo
  • RahXephon's ending is what first comes to mind, probably my favourite chinese cartoon ending. Cowboy Bebop's was pretty great too....

... by the way, what are we talking about when we say ending? last scene? episode? the resolution arc?

Because, for example, Legend of the Galactic Heroes has a fantastic final scene, but the last arc felt kind of weak when compared with the rest of the story.
  • $80+ per session
    I agree about Channel Chasers, Abyss.
  • $80+ per session
    I typically mean the last episode/scene, Noimporta.
  • edited 2011-09-21 22:09:18
    You can change. You can.
    When I say ending, I'm thinking last arc and last scene. --shrug--

Both of them matter. How the arcs are concluded and all that.

Also, Rahxephon's last scene was pretty awesome. Not sure of the last episode, honestly. It was nice and it worked, but I felt it coulda been better. Dunno. 

Also, even if the last episode's arc is pure crap, Lagann's ending is puhretty good. Although it grew on me, rather than me appreciating it right away.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    >my favourite chinese cartoon

I know 99 out of a hundred times it's a joke but it still throws me for a loop each time.
  • Yes, you are sad that it's over.

But when the ending is just absolutely perfect and just right...You just feel happy

That's what she said
  • Gunbuster.  That is all.

...If you don't know what I'm talking about, you've been wasting your life up until now.  Don't just sit there, go check it out!  Now!
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^But I have homework...
    Anime club~
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I agree with Conductor, everything about Portal 2's ending is great. Except poor Wheatley being lost in space