If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Random good luck

edited 2011-09-23 12:41:50 in IJAM
OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
So I just left my dorm for lunch.

According to my roommate, a fire alarm went off about thirty seconds after I left, so I didn't have to deal with it.

Comments

• No rainbow star
    I can't think of any random luck :<
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    >random
    >luck

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

-facepalms-

Why did I do that?
  • I love it. It's literally saved my life at least twice now.
    Okay, you know you can't just not explain that.
  • No rainbow star
    Waltzy. Explain. Nao

Although that reminds me of when I was nearly hit by a car...
  • Well, one such time was before I was even born. My mom was suicidal when she was pregnant with me and was about to shoot herself. A guy she knew and hated happened to walk in on her and taunted her, saying "Looks like you're gonna do the world a favor for once", and she pointed the gun at him. She wouldn't have shot him, but she just wanted to scare him, and he called the police. When they took her in, the many appointments with doctors quickly revealed she was pregnant, and she took it as a sign to try turning her life around.

Another such time was when my alarm failed to go off, and I was running late for my bus. I rushed to get ready but I was still a few seconds behind schedule, and was actually getting pissed and convincing myself that the world must hate me. As I ran up the hill, nearing the top I heard this awful sound of crunching glass and metal and stuff, and when I reached the top a few seconds later I saw this awful car accident right in the crosswalk where I get to the bus after crossing.
  • edited 2011-09-24 14:58:38

That second one sounds rather morbid for "good luck", unless I'm reading it wrong. The first one is too, but it was quite fortunate. I wouldn't exactly call it "luck", considering your mother made a conscious choice to interpret the events that way and change for the better.

Speaking of which, it reminded me of how my earliest memory was of falling off a cliff in a car. Until my mother explained what happened, I used to think I died and got reincarnated as someone else (that was before I even knew about speculative fiction).

• True, though she might not have made that choice if the guy hadn't walked in.

And the second one was awful for the people involved, but lucky for me. XD /lolselfish
  • But she could have easily taken his words at face value and went ahead anyway.
  • But she didn't. So that's pretty fortunate for me.
  • No rainbow star
    Isn't it luck because if the guy didn't come right then, Waltzy wouldn't be alive because her mother would have shot herself?
    Whoa. Those are both pretty frightening...well, I imagine the first one wasn't frightening for you at the time, but still.

I once, when I was a little kid, ate a bite of something with peanuts in it, and by sheer luck, didn't have an allergic reaction.
  • edited 2011-09-24 15:37:52
    No rainbow star
    Oh, I was once late for school. As my dad drove me, we saw the remains of an accident where the car drove across the bus stop. If I had rushed and arrived just as the bus left, I may have been hit

Unrelated to the time a car nearly hit me
  • ^^ Whoaah damn. If memory serves aren't you like deathly allergic? D;

I'm super glad you were okay~.
    Yep. Peanuts, walnuts and hazelnuts. And a bunch of other stuff that I'm less allergic to.

Thanks. ^_^ I'm glad you were okay in the incidents you described too.
  • You know, come to think of it, if I actually have any allergies, I'm not aware of them. I've never been stung by a bee either, though my mom is fatally allergic to those.
    Have you ever considered getting tested? It couldn't hurt.
  • Hmm, sounds like a good idea. Better to find out one way than the other.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    My dad actually survived long enough to father me.

That's about 20 miracles in one.

• I've never been one to have good luck.

Just more of an absence of bad luck.