If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Aborted Wonder Woman TV Show Pilot

edited 2011-10-09 02:55:58 in General
It's been leaked to the web. It's bad. REALLY bad. Okay, a quick point by point of notable stuff:

1. Wonder Woman straight up murders one dude. You can infer 3 more are probably dead after her fight scene.
  2. The fight scene is the ONLY good thing about this show. On a TV Budget, baring some obvious CGI, it's frankly amazing looking.
  3. Wonder Woman runs her own company. Which sells action figures and merchandise of her, to finance her crime fighting. There's no secret about this btw. Everyone knows it's hers and she runs it. She even uses it to make press conference where she throws accusations she can't prove for no particular reason.
  4. There's a scene of wonder woman discussing the tit size of her company's barbie doll of her. It's physically painful to watch.
  5. The acting is all around horrible. Cary Elwes does not give a shit about his part (guess he knew this was never getting picked up). Elizabeth Hurley fares a bit better, but one keeps thinking she'd have made a better Wonder Woman.
  6. There's a scene of Wonder Woman (as Diana Prince) eating chips with her cat, while watching a chick flick and having flashbacks about her ex-bf when she dumped him and getting teary eyed over this. God knows THATS how people think of Wonder Woman.
  7. You know how alot of comics will kinda never mention the obvious fact that everything a super hero does is illegal? This show does... But then wonder woman still does her stuff. While murdering people. And people are still cool with this! You can't raise the plot point, then just... ignore it. THAT DOESN'T WORK. 

Seriously, it's such a poetic train wreck. It practically deserves to be seen.

Comments

• Wonder Woman had an abortion?
  • And I got beaten by Gelzo. Wonderful.
  • You can change. You can.
    Wonder Woman straight up murders one dude. You can infer 3 more are probably dead after her fight scene.

You do realize that Wonder Woman does kill quite often in comparison to most super heroes, right?
  • edited 2011-10-09 03:17:28
    That she does. But it tends to be as a last resort kind of deal. Or they've made this personal. Not "Imma gonna chuck this pipe through a dude's trachea, pinning him to a wall" Or "imma gonna kick this shipping container into the other shipping container, crushing the two dudes between them to death"

And when the show points out that cops are getting heat from accepting her help, watching her straight up murder people doesn't exactly say "yes this is gonna be a beautiful friendship" She's never exactly been The Punisher.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Was there much bondage in the pilot?
  • Ever see the Plastic Man pilot that they never followed up on?  Man, that was actually pretty cool.  They should've made it into a full series. >.>
  • Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!
    Wonder Woman didn't have enough abortions for my taste.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Perhaps it never saw the light of day for a very good reason.
  • I am simultaneously pissed off because it was created and because it was cancelled.

CONFLICTING EMOTIONS ARE NOT GOOD.
  • My lord

The sexism

The idiocy
    I'm hoping against hope that WW comes out as a winner in the DC reboot.
  • Me too Malk, me too.
    The opening comic was pretty decent, and while WW was definitely hot there were no 'LOOKIT MAH TITS!' shots.

But WW is the most rebooted character DC has ever had because only like five writers have any idea what to do with her.
  • Out of bile, can we get a link to the pilot? Youtube is sucking today.
  • ^^ You mean other than Catwoman, right?

...God I hate Catwoman.  Most overrated character in comics by far. >.>
  • Have you seen the recent series?

It's whole schtick is I AM FEMALE I AM TEH SEX.
    She can be a geat character, but yeah that.... that was just embarassing.

The worst part is I know people who loved it.
  • edited 2011-10-09 15:14:45
    Guys, whatever they do to wonder woman in the comics can't be worst than what that singe episode did.

Was there much bondage in the pilot?

Not even. Disapointing on all counts.
    I dig the Lynda Carter tv show.
  • Give them pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.
    I dunno, that description sounded awesome.