If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My Mother Is Pissed At Me

edited 2011-10-09 08:33:09 in General
Because I'm not eating Christmas Dinner with her this year.

And I'll tell you why.

My parents have been separated for nearly ten years now, but ever since then they've made an effort to get along and every Christmas we all have dinner together, as a family.

My mum and her second husband have been separated for about a year (she has hideously poor choice in men), she's trying to do the same thing for her youngest son, Evan that she did for me and my sister when we were children. This is fine. The problem is my dad and my step-dad do not get along and don't seem to be able to put their petty squabbles aside for 24 hours so we can all spend Christmas together. So my mum has decided that my dad isn't to come up this Christmas so she can play happy families with my step-dad.

She's then suggested that if me and my sister have a problem with it, we can spend Christmas with our dad who will presumably be going to our gran's.

I've tried offering an alternative, that both dad and step-dad make their own arrangements for Christmas Dinner and me, mum, sister and brother eat together. But no, she isn't having it. 

I don't want to sit at the table without dad, that's not fair, nor do I want to go to gran's because she doesn't like me and will be judging me all night. So rather than choose either option I've opted to have Chinese food in my room instead, alone.

I'm still planning on taking part in the rest of our Christmas traditions, I'll still go to my Aunt and Uncles house with dad, and I'll still watch Doctor Who with mum, but just for this one hour on this one day, I'm not playing their silly games.

But apparently I'm the bad guy!

Comments

• Sounds like a wise plan save for the eating-alone-in-my-room part. Maybe try to round up some friends to eat dinner with so it'll feel less bad?
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Sounds fair.

As IA says gets friends have a group chinese or something.