If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Bicycle Vs Antelope

edited 2011-10-12 02:27:57 in General

Ouch!

EDIT: How do you embed videos on this retarded forum system?

Comments

• no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    Youtube itself provides an Embed code. Just copy-paste that.
  • edited 2011-10-12 02:28:13
    ...so I see... Seems to do shit.

There we go. Man vanilla sucks.
  • DUDE

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IT COPYPASTE THE LINK STRAIGHT FROM THE ADRESS BAR AND IT AUTOEMBEDS

I THOUGHT EVERYONE KNEW THIS
  • edited 2011-10-12 06:56:32
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    copy

paste

noooope

didn't work
  • edited 2011-10-12 06:58:58
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    copy

paste

still no
  • edited 2011-10-12 06:59:17
  • Directly pasting the URL works for me =/
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    OK

Got it to work

I had to copy-paste the embed code then click View Source
  • That's very strange.

Me and Legion both simply can copy-paste the link. Are you using the WYSIWYG editor?
  • edited 2011-10-12 08:52:05
    Ugh, this has only been explained 1000 times.

It's browser-specific. In some browsers, all you need to do is paste the URL. Other browsers (like Cygan's, apparently) "helpfully" turn the pasted URL into a link, so you need to click "View Source" and then paste the URL.
  • ^ Long story short, Vanilla is shit for being unable to behave in a single consistent manner.
  • edited 2011-10-12 14:16:10
    No, it has nothing to do with Vanilla.  It's the fault of the third party who wrote the plugin for the WYSIWYG editor we're using (as it's not a standard feature of the forum software).  And, more than that, it's the fault of browser manufacturers for failing to adhere to any sort of standard.
    :C

I'm just using Google Chrome

that's all

Ugh, this has only been explained 1000 times.

That doesn't mean everyone has read it
  • That doesn't mean everyone has read it
    I know. I'm more frustrated with the fact that it needs a lengthy explanation than the fact that people don't already know it.
    Yeah. Vanillaforums sucks for this :C

Maybe I should check out Proboards.