If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older?

edited 2011-10-17 15:39:08 in General
Then we wouldn't have to wait so long.

Comments

• No rainbow star
    And wouldn't it be nice to live together

In the kind of world where we belong?
  • edited 2011-10-17 16:58:44
    Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy
    No, I want to be 14 again. I practically wasted my adolescence -_-
  • No rainbow star
    ^ C-c-c-c-combobreaker?
  • If I could do my adolescence over, I'd probably still waste it anyway. I'm pretty satisfied with how I lived as is.
  • Does it count as a COMBO BREAKER if it's the second reply?
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    ^^ Probably similar. I mean, I made a lot of mistakes and would do a lot of things differently, I guess. But on the other hand, I'm not entirely unhappy with the person I am today, and my mistakes and failures have helped me mature. If I went back in time and did everything right, I'm not sure if I'd be as wise as I am today.
  • Meh, you'd probably be wiser in other areas, or maybe have a different set of standards. The idea that you can only really wisen up or grow as a person through consistent hardship is a folly notion.
    I don't think that's the only way to grow, but it does almost force it. I've seen enough examples of the reverse, although I wouldn't argue that lack of hardship prevents growth. Lack of hardship can make one complacent, though, in the same way that hardship acts against that.
  • I agree on the notion that hardship can force one to wisen up(or, often, just wisen up earlier), but doesn't necessarily entail growth as a person. Both enduring and lack of hardship can wear down a person's character in different ways. Just wanted to clarify the distinction I had in my head.
    In any case, it seems that we're in small disagreement.
  • Didn't see this coming.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    If I could have it back
    All the time that we wasted
    I'd only waste it again
    If I could have it back 
    You know I would love to waste it again 
    Waste it again, and again, and again
  • You can change. You can.
    If I could start again
    A million miles away
    I would keep myself
    I would find...a way
  • I'm quite old enough as it is. I was feeling nostalgic for my university days over the weekend.