If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I Haven't Read Oor Wullie In Years

edited 2011-10-23 09:22:52 in General
Ah fond childhood memories. Oor Wullie is a Scottish news paper comic about a young boy who (along with his friends Soapy and Fat Boab) get into all kinds of trouble just trying to have fun and make a wee bit of pocket money on the side. 

Think of Oor Wullie as the Scottish version of Dennis the Menace (Even though Wullie predates both of them).

Comments

• edited 2011-10-23 10:22:25
    Clean your room little Billy

I'm in the strange position of both having never set foot in Scotland and having read some of Oor Wullie as a child, thanks to a family friend. I mostly remember using the word 'braw' for a while after reading them.

• edited 2011-10-23 11:07:43
    ...But Dennis the Menace is Scottish (seriously, The Beano is published in Dundee). >.>  Ahem.

But oh my I remember Oor Wullie.  I used to get the Oor Wullie and The Broons annuals for Christmas, ahah~  Good time, good times...  Oh my yes, they are indeed braw~
  • I'll give you a memorable quote from Trainspotting (the novel) - the film adaptation was the height of cool when I was a student.

"They see the cunt as some sort ay Oor Wullie for the video generation." (Renton, of his friend Sick Boy, who has charmed Renton's parents).

• Moe: I know, I just meant that Dennis himself is English.