If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Very Sad and Very Disappointed - Hug Me Please D':

edited 2011-10-29 08:14:28 in General
So, I was supposed to go on a date tonight, with a lovely young lady I met at college. Now this week my mum asked me to loan her money £210. At first I refused, explaining I need it for Saturday, she promised I'd get it back by then.

And I haven't. She hasn't returned my money which means I'm going to have to cancel. I am pissed the fuck off and really dreading phoning the girl. 

Comments

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Oh man. That really sucks. On the one hand, that's a really pissed situation you're in, and on the other, it would be tasteless to bug your own mother to return you the money. I wouldn't like to be in such a situation.

• Oh damn. Perhaps propose to cook for her yourself and watch a movie, promising to get that date later?

• edited 2011-10-29 09:53:48
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    How well do you know her?

Would she be accepting of you if you explained to her the truth of the situation?

^ That's also a nice idea.
  • Yeah, the truth is probably the best policy. There's nothing unusual about being a student and being skint - hopefully, she'll appreciate that.

It's a bit worrying that your mother is (a) borrowing money from you and (b) not paying it back, but I don't want to pry into your family situation.

• No rainbow star
    Wait I thought you were married?
  • Milos: I know right, I had to phone and cancel, it was awful.

Insanity: That...is actually a very, very good idea! Thanks.

Glen: I know her fairly well, and I did explain to her what's happened she was just as disappointed as I am.

Brass: I have no doubt that I will be paid back, it's just that she promised I'd be paid back by today, now because she hasn't paid me back I've had to cancel my date.

Ical: I am indeed, I married my best friend for a laugh. Worst reason to get married ever? Yes. And it wasn't even that funny.
  • edited 2011-10-29 11:01:43
    No rainbow star
    ^ ...Your life makes me wonder sometimes...

Also, the worst reason ever to get married is because your horoscope said so
  • They're somethin' else.
    Ugh, Conductor, if that was my mother, I think I'd never do a favor for her again. Feel better, man.
  • Ouch.  Well, I'd have done the same if it was my mom. 

Could you take her on a real cheap date?  Like watch a trash - barrel romantic comedy DVD at home over TV dinners cheap?  Or would that be a bad idea?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I married my best friend for a laugh

brb, going to scotland for adventure
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    >brb, going to scotland for adventure heroin and to be knifed

I fixed it for you.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...wait, you're married to your best friend for a laugh, and now you're trying to date a girl.  Wait what?
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    ^^ Much appreciated. :D
  • Ian: It's funny cause it's true. 

Glen: Me and my wife aren't in a relationship, we're just married. 
  • No rainbow star
    ^ That would be interesting to bring up at parties:

"Oh, so you married your best friend! You love each other THAT MUCH! How sweet!"
    "What? No. We just did it for a cheap laugh. It's just marriage after all"