If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I heard Christmas music in the store today

edited 2011-11-25 23:43:06 in Meatspace
Pony Sleuth

Comments

• That's nothing. The Boston-area "oldies"/"classic hits" radio stations WROR and WODS have been playing nonstop Christmas music for about 3 weeks, I'd say. Ridiculous.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    It began like two days before Thanksgiving here. :V
  • edited 2011-11-26 00:06:47
    I like the Christmas music. One of my favorite things about the holidays.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm sick to death of pretty much all the classics.

Trans Siberian Orchestra is pretty cool, though.
  • I dislike all holiday music, or music about holidays, with the exception of songs about Halloween, due to Halloween being the best holiday thematically and aesthetically.
  • edited 2011-11-26 00:26:24
    I always find it nice, on a cold night, to turn on the radio and listen to some Christmas tunes as you drive down a street of decorated houses.
  • Christmas music is nice once in a while, but when it occupies over 1/12 of your waking moments across your lifespan, it gets less nice.

Not that I'm anywhere near that. It does wear a little thin but I can still enjoy it once in a while.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I actually generally like Christmas music, with the exceptions being the "sleigh ride together with you" song sometimes, and Jingle Bell Rock all the time.  I just don't like JBR.  There's just something about that Sinatra swing style that I don't like.

That said, Christmas music gets so freaking overplayed it's not even funny.
  • I don't like Christmas music. But it can be really nice when driving along a road on a cold day, passing by decorated houses. 

I don't really mind that fact it's played constantly at stores since I never really pay attention to the music at stores.
  • I love it, it's so my time of year~. I always sing along in the car, hum along in the store, wherever~. <3
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I dislike all holiday music, or music about holidays, with the
    exception of songs about Halloween, due to Halloween being the best
    holiday thematically and aesthetically.

For some reason, this made me chuckle.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Hope you folks who frequent Mumu like Dr. Demento! >:D
  • edited 2011-11-26 07:32:39
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I heard some Christmas song or other yesterday, on the way to Subway. But that's the first I've heard of it.

Makes me glad I don't listen to the radio.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    on the battle to Subway

Somehow, this is how I read that.
  • edited 2011-11-26 10:18:02

Did you suplex it?

I like Oh What A Merry Christmas Day from Mickey's Christmas Carol. Thank the Angry Video Game Nerd for reminding me of it.

• I went shopping in the town centre this afternoon and they had a Salvation Army brass band playing Christmas carols. I suppose it's a bit classier than Wizzard or Slade for the millionth time.
  • edited 2011-11-26 14:11:42
    No rainbow star
    Sleighbells ring, are you listening~
    In the lane, snow is glitsening~
    A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight~
    Walking in a winter wonderland~
  • In the meadow we can build a snowman~
    And pretend that he's a circus clown~
  • a little muffled
    You Americans are lucky you have Thanksgiving at the end of November to serve as a cutoff for when "Christmas season" begins. In Canada, there's no such thing, so there's nothing stopping stores from converting to Christmas mode as early as November 1.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Stores start before halloween sometimes. I highly doubt the states are any different
  • I LOOOOOOVE CHRISTMAS!! :D

Especially the music.

Except the Xmas Shoes one, or jingle bell rock

That shoes one makes me cry everytime man

• @Nyktos: actually, stores are pretty much ignoring Thanksgiving anymore past a token attempt to profit off thanksgiving dinner, because Christmas is much more profitable.
  • law of silence
    Pfft. I've been listening to Christmas music since, like, October. /shameless
  • You can change. You can.
    Pfft. I've been listening to Christmas music since, like, October. /hipster

ftfy
  • Pfft. I've been listening to Christmas music since, like, October. /shameless

Me too. And I've been doing that since, like, 2007, too.
  • edited 2011-11-28 19:05:29
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I listen to Christmas music in the middle of the year and complain about it during the end-of-year holiday season.

Okay, actually, I listen to Christmas music year-round, and just complain that it's overplayed during the Christmas season.
  • No rainbow star
    I play Christmas Music every night during December, and my mother likes to put it on during the day (sometimes during the middle of summer)