If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

All that talk of beer...

edited 2011-11-30 18:03:58 in Meatspace
Diet NEET
...makes me crave for anecdotes of drunken stupidity.

To scare all the younglings into sobriety, of course.

A recent lesson: do not combine spacecake and booze. It made me sluggish, shivery and numb all over, and I somehow found it baffling that the world is three-dimensional.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I somehow found it baffling that the world is three-dimensional.
    Science can't actually confirm that this is the case.
  • a little muffled
    Depends what you mean by "dimension".
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Believe it or not, I've never done anything really dumb while drunk. I got into one 'You guys are MY BEST FRIENDS'  thing once, but never jumping into a flaming hoop or drunken texting.
    I've never been really drunk.
  • a little muffled
    I haven't ever been really drunk either. I think this is actually the most thing I've done while drunk.
    I do have a distinct tendency to turn circles counterclockwise when tipsy.
  • edited 2011-11-30 18:08:19
    Pony Sleuth
    A lot of times when I get messed up, I'm in awe that the body/mind I have is the only one I can experience living in for the rest of my life, and that this is true for others and their respective bodies.

I just look in the mirror and think about how strange it is that out of all the bodies on Earth, my consciousness happens to inhabit mine. I guess I do this sober sometimes, too. More often as a kid.

Okay, that's not stupid so much as weird.
  • Meh, doesn't have to be oneself. Wouldn't think any of us are booze fiends, but we probably all have seen friends or partygoers do silly things. Worst example I ever saw was a person who jumped a balcony down to the floor below because he wanted to go without waiting for sobriety, while we were busy defending the fridge from his friends with a mop.

Which is still awfully tame, but chuckleworthy.
  • edited 2011-11-30 18:15:14
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I first drank alcohol at a dinner party sometime in my pre-teen years.  It was red wine.  It was bitter and meh.  I later drank some more red wine when a dorm-mate hosted some friends over for a full-course dinner.  It was still bitter and meh.

In the meantime, a few people here and there had on various occasions offered me beer, including I think one of my uncles, as well as my cousins when I was in Canada attending another cousin's wedding.  The beer was bitter and meh.

Those cousins tried to get me more interested in alcoholic beverages, but getting the bartender to mix in some fruit flavor with the alcohol.  It was now sweet, but still meh, and I found myself trying to finish the drink just to see if it would produce any interesting results.  I never finished it, and it never did produce any interesting results, other than making my face feel a bit warmer.  Presumably, my face also looked more red than usual.  I felt no tipsiness, no drunkenness, no particular disinhibition.

Later, as a master's student, my classmates tried to get me to join in an after-class gathering and served me some vodka.  It was very strongly alcoholic, rather tasteless, and meh.

Meh.

Edit: I think that was Grey Goose, by the way.  Not that I particularly care to try other brands.  Maybe I'd like something with less alcohol content.  I think I just don't quite like the taste of ethanol, period.
  • edited 2011-11-30 18:16:03
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    You need to drink more than one serving to usually feel stuff.
    (Unless it was a pint of vodka or something.)
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    A couple of New Years' back was pretty good for drunkenness.

So some friends and I decided to hold our New Years at the Botanic Gardens. We brought a trolley of goodies, which included food but was mostly booze. So we were all getting pissed up, right, and it begins raining. Really coming down. There's some tree cover, but we don't really care that much. I get pretty drenched, somehow. I don't remember.

Anyway, I end up getting a friend of mine wet. He goes after retribution and chases me down a hill. I slip harmlessly, but plummet down and my shirt gets all muddy. So I take it off as an improvised weapon while hoping to clean it in the rain. I successfully fight my friend into a short-lived truce, which I break by wetting him again by flinging by shirt, throwing water at him like a sprinkler/sling hybrid.

There's another chase down the hill and I slip again. I'm caked in mud now, from my face to my jeans. My friend considers this adequate retribution and we move back up to where the goodies are. So we're laughing and having a great time when

CRACK

And inches behind me, I feel a dull thud on the ground. A large branch had barely missed me, loosened by the storm. It was twice my arm's thickness and would've killed me were I a few steps back from where I was standing. What a way to die, eh? Half naked, covered in mud and heavily inebriated. Happily enough, my shirt ended up relatively clean by the end of the night and I returned home fully clothed.

There's also that time when, in my depression, I drunk enough pure vodka to vomit blood into a friend's carpet. There's no real story attached to that, though. I was just at a party and having a rough time, and there were lots of people there I really didn't want to talk to for various reasons, so I just drank myself into a stupor. Since then, I've never really felt the same way about straight spirits. A shame, as I used to be able to go shot after shot after shot.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    Your shirt was relatively clean but after the branch, what about the trousers? :D

Fucked up. :D
  • You can change. You can.
    I drink a lot, but I don't get drunk.

Only did once and all I did was sit down and be grumpy for the rest of the party while grumbling about the loud music.

so yeah, not the best company.
    why so old man, juan
    I've lived more in 17 years than all of you. >:|
    > lived more in 17 years than all of us
    > been drunk once

CHOOSE ONE
  • Weed is a superior drug than booze, anyway.
    ^

• Lol, what was that?
  • edited 2011-11-30 21:04:50
    I agree on the weed thing gelzo said
    I've grown to hate weed because of the people who actually do weed. 
  • My best stupidity occurs sober.

That said, at a party I once dramatically held out my hand towards the refrigerator and shouted "Telekinesis!" Which awed someone into bringing me another drink from across the room.

• Now I'm all curious to see what I'd be like when drunk.

But I've never touched a drop of alcohol or smoked anything or...done anything. XD

Uhh...I drank lots of chocolate syrup from the bottle once and got really hyper!

But even the smell of wine makes me too dizzy to stand so I dunno. D:
  • They're somethin' else.
    I remember really liking Hooegarden.
  • ^That's probably spelt Hoegaarden.
    ^^ Booze can be great fun. :D

Just have something you can handle in trusted company. Perhaps you and Liszt could make a drinking game of a movie.
    @Gelzo
    Small clip of the Brass Eye Episode on drugs.

Also as it is the season try Mulled Wine warming smells nice, tastes fancy. 
  • No rainbow star
    I've never been drunk

However, a few sips of wine apparently makes me tipsy