If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My laptop screen is getting fucked up.

edited 2011-12-02 03:05:24 in Meatspace
Pony Sleuth
Do you guys have any experience dealing with this sort of crap? How expensive would a repair be?

Comments

• Define "fucked up". Like dirty? Screen cleaner is pretty inexpensive though that doesn't make my lazy ass go get some.

If it's like cracked and shit though...I hope you have a warranty?
  • I'm not dumb enough to get a screen repaired just because it's dirty. Anyway, there's no physical damage, at least not any on the screen itself, and the damage besides that looks superficial. My problem is that if the screen is at the wrong angle, it just turns grey or gets stuck on one screen display. Sometimes this just happens randomly and I have to jimmy it to get it working again.
  • I wasn't saying you were. :< Sorry.

And it looks like you found your solution then anyway.
  • a little muffled
    Here's hoping that if you do get it repaired, they actually replace it with a screen of the same resolution...
  • Do they mess that up sometimes?
  • a little muffled
    Yeah, it happened to me when I got mine fixed. I made a threat bitching about it at the time.
  • Hah, you threatened them?