If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I used to be an adventurer like you...

edited 2012-01-20 12:07:06 in Wonderful posts
No rainbow star
...But then I took an arrow in the knee

Screaming in pain, the marksman didn't even have to wake up the others as I was doing a fine job of it myself. They surrounded my weeping figure. The arrow hurt like a bitch - it must have been poisoned

As I reached for a potion, their leader stepped on my hand. Having his bandit underlings restrain me and take me into their camp, I was only able to imagine what they would do to me

It was months of agony as they had me be their servant, beating me up for fun. Hell, one of them nearly killed me, only to use healing hands and do it again. And again. And again. At one point my head was split open!

I had lost hope

Then, one day, Imperial soldiers came in. I was taken to a temple to be healed up properly - those bandits can't set bones worth shit, so the healing hands only made it worse - and be given counselling

Years after that event, I made a vow. To become a guard and protect people from these monsters

Comments

• No rainbow star
    Not to mention that everybody expects me to help them catch their friend stealing their sweetroll
  • But you never had any to begin with.

I have to wonder why the guards think someone in Daedric Armour and carrying a clearly magical greatsword would need help with sweetroll thieves.

• edited 2012-01-20 13:25:57
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I used to reference memes months after they became more annoying than funny. Then I took a baseball bat to the knee.

• No rainbow star
    Gah. Now I want to make a sockpuppet called Arrow and a sockpuppet called Knee
  • You can change. You can.

i swear to god, next person to make a joke about arrows and knees of any kind will get a fucking gnome up their motherfucking ass.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I was always more fond of "CURVED. SWORDS." myself.

But yeah, this meme ran itself dry as quickly as THIS IS SPARTA, which was probably amusing for all of three days or so.

• No rainbow star
    ^^ I used to make arrow in the knee jokes, but then you threatened to put a gnome in my ass D:
  • It doesn't take much for a meme to make me laugh, but I can truthfully say that this phrase, derivatives of this phrase, image macros for this phrase, videos based on this phrase, meta commentary about this phrase, or anything directly or indirectly related to this meme has, unironically or otherwise, never made me laugh.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

This phrase made me laugh once. On November 11, when I heard it for the first time in Skyrim.

• Good people don't end up here.

The only time this phrase made me laugh was in the context of another game that carried the actual joke.

I took an arrow to the knee.

This... isn't... really... HAPPENING!

• They're somethin' else.

I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING ARROWS IN EVERYBODY'S MOTHER FUCKING KNEES.

NUFF O DAT SHIT YOU BITCH ASS NIGGA.

• No rainbow star
    DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN YOUR KNEE!?

I WILL CHOKE YOU WITH A BITCH I WILL STOMP THE YARD ON YOUR BODY SO U BESS STEP OFF

• No rainbow star
    ...What did the female dog do? :<

NONE REMAIN WHO KNOW

• edited 2012-01-20 18:15:11
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Jesus Christ. In all seriousness, was this really necessary? Not only is the OP a one-off joke, but we already have a thread for bitching about this meme. And possibly another.

Anyone opposed to a lock?
  • No rainbow star
    :<
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    You know how this meme makes me feel?

FURIOUS! OUTRAGED! SICK WITH ANGER!
  • No rainbow star

^ And a little bit nauseous?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I could post an image macro, but it would not convey just how utterly tired I am of this joke.
  • No rainbow star

So, looks like the consensus is that I can't even make a little story based on the meme explaining why an arrow to the knee stopped his adventuring D:

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I sure am glad that we're conveying how sick of this tired and boring meme we are by posting image macros.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm going to lock the thread I made earlier.

That one really got nowhere.

• Champion of the Whales

I'm surprised how little time its taken for this meme to be overdone.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ I can see this one going badly, too, so I'm just going to lock it.
This discussion has been closed.