If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Foreign Drug Laws

edited 2012-01-23 20:26:03 in Meatspace
Pony Sleuth
I'm going to Japan in a couple months, and I hear drug laws are pretty intense there. I'm trying to find out whether they can do hair tests unprovoked. It's surprisingly hard to find that information.

Comments

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Just watch Enter the Void and you'll see. 

(Or don't because it's a terrible movie.)

• edited 2012-01-23 22:39:59
    Pony Sleuth

This post had content about possession and/or acquisition of illegal drugs.  We'd rather not get in trouble with the police because of this.  Blanked.

~the moderation team

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I think that when it comes to enforcement they're far more strict, but the actual penalties are more lenient. Don't quote me on that.

• I've heard you can face years in prison for just possession of marijuana. I was wondering if "internal possession" was something they could charge you with.

Not that I plan on going there high, it's just that I hear hair tests can detect drugs up to 90 days after use.
  • No rainbow star
    I can't seem to find anything about hair tests in Japan
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Never even heard of hair tests.

• No rainbow star
    Maybe you could email a department and ask (maybe under the guise of having been exposed to a friend smoking?)?
  • Lol @ mod edit.

I forgot how paranoid you guys were.

• The funniest part is that he then explained what the post had been about, thus pretty much defeating the purpose of blanking it in the first place.

• If you guys were curious I was not planning on SELLING ILLEGAL DRUGS TO YOU ONLINE NOW AT LOW, LOW PRICES! $$$$$$